Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA  (Read 18919 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:51:19 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
it is weird to me how in some areas of the US there are stereotypes about hockey players.

Shit, the Utica metroplex... such as it is... from which I was spewed is one of the few places in the world where there isn't socialized medicine and people give a fuck about curling.

Also: bocce and lacrosse.

All sorts of weird overemphasis on not-even-tertiary athletic endeavours.

Before the economy got really really bad, they supported the highest level of minor-league hockey despite an utterly tiny population. I'm pretty sure scenes from Slapshot were filmed at the Syracuse War Memorial and the Utica Aud. Ah, the fights you'd get, life-long AHL stall-outs, trying to just pummel their way into the lucrative role as an enforcer in The Bigs. Holy hell.

The arguement can be made that high-minors hockey is the most purely entertaining form of that sport.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 01:57:51 pm »

Shit, the Utica metroplex... such as it is... from which I was spewed is one of the few places in the world where there isn't socialized medicine and people give a fuck about curling.

Also: bocce and lacrosse.

All three of those sort of exist here in Utah. Lacrosse largely among wealthy Catholic school attending kids, bocce among Italian Americans trying to be more Italian without the usual stereotypes, and curling mostly in my mind after attending an event at the 2002 Winter Games in Ogden. There's even a curling club in Ogden I have thought about hooking up with, but, you know.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 02:03:39 pm »

I think I could play curling at a gold medal level today.  Seriously, I haven't lost a game of shuffleboard in years.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 04:03:13 pm »

I was surprised to find curling in Houston.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 04:32:28 pm »

I think I could play curling at a gold medal level today.  Seriously, I haven't lost a game of shuffleboard in years.

My grandfather payed his way through college hustling shuffleboard. The kind you play in bars on a hardwood table, not the old ladies on cruiseships kind.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 05:47:12 am »

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:48 pm »

Ray will cheat. He doesn't have the chops, so a bear in an elephant costume will do the winning. Or maybe Pat [strained line of reasoning that would allow me to finish off with] "Williams-Sodoma", right guys.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 09:09:54 pm »

Ray is going to send in Cornelius.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday July the 18th, 2009 - THE NEW KINGS OF SAPPHIC EROTICA
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 12:36:29 am »

Nobody can stay mad at Ray.  And this is worth a hell of a lot more than a hundo.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up