The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on August 03, 2009, 06:07:01 am

Title: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 03, 2009, 06:07:01 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08022009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08022009)

a haiku from Subaru:

the sineufendo
her tiny arms akimbo
knows something is up
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Toaster on August 03, 2009, 06:55:00 am
Aww. Who's a cute little sineufendo? You are! Yes you are! Yes you are!

Does anyone know what a sineufendo is? It is a true Googlebomb.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: wombat on August 03, 2009, 12:31:51 pm
I'm afraid we are about to find out.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2009, 12:56:00 pm
I basically only know the word alabaster from references to skin color. Does it even have any other meaning at this point?
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2009, 03:21:47 pm
The sineñfendo is drawn all black like Todd.  Perhaps is related to the squirrel.

Toaster, you're reference to sineufendo is now the top result in Google search.  It's followed by three assbar post asking the same question.  As I'm sure that my reference to sineñfendo is now the only result in Google.  How clever that Onstad has invented an entirely new word.  I wonder how long he toyed with the letters to assure that there would be absolutely no search engine results?

It looks like all hell is about to break loose.  Two angry elephants are about to start fighting.  Who's the cheater, it's Teodor isn't it?

That's a cool plane, a tri-wing.  Are there any plane nuts here that can tell us what make and model it is?
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2009, 03:31:48 pm
Is a U with a tilde even a valid unicode character? Because making it impossible to type would certainly help make sure there's a lack of results.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Death Ray on August 03, 2009, 03:48:42 pm
While I am always, ALWAYS happy to see Cartilage Head reemerge, I am just baffled by his antics. What is that big gem he is turning in panel 14? A mammoth cufflink?
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Teufelblitz on August 03, 2009, 04:16:55 pm
That would be an old fashioned doorknob. Note the similarly old fashioned key hole below it.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: jaydub on August 03, 2009, 04:29:23 pm
I felt the correct title today was, "Up up, Mary", although as always I have no idea what the criteria are.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 03, 2009, 04:43:29 pm
Alabaster is a name applied to varieties of two distinct minerals: gypsum (a hydrous sulfate of calcium) and calcite (a carbonate of calcium). The former is the alabaster of the present day; the latter is generally the alabaster of the ancients.

The two kinds are readily distinguished from one another by their relative hardness. The gypsum kind is so soft as to be readily scratched by a fingernail (Mohs hardness 1.5 to 2), while the calcite kind is too hard to be scratched in this way (Mohs hardness 3), though it does yield readily to a knife. Moreover, the calcite alabaster, being a carbonate, effervesces on being touched with hydrochloric acid, whereas the gypsum alabaster, when thus treated, remains practically unaffected.

Due to the characteristic color of white alabaster, the term has entered the vernacular as a metonym for white things, particularly "alabaster skin". The usage as whiteness also occurs in a line from the poem and song, America the Beautiful.
-wikipedia
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: pmcd9 on August 03, 2009, 05:10:08 pm
I felt the correct title today was, "Up up, Mary", although as always I have no idea what the criteria are.

I too was wondering about this.  I thought it was some sort of container and CH was KLIKing it shut.  But a doorknob makes much more sense.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Cioran on August 03, 2009, 06:53:08 pm
That's a cool plane, a tri-wing.  Are there any plane nuts here that can tell us what make and model it is?

http://www.jastaboelcke.de/images/Aces/m_v_richthofen/425-17replica.jpg
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 03, 2009, 09:15:04 pm
Ap, Ap

Does anyome else have the impression that Cartilage Head is sort of a noble weirdo whose motivations are good? The resolution to the last CH story changes my expecations for this one--he seems less menacing. I am eager to see what his plan is, though.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: jaydub on August 03, 2009, 10:04:44 pm
For some reason, Mr. Williams typed his accusation.

One handed, or perhaps he gestured after completing the sentence.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 03, 2009, 10:31:29 pm
For some reason, Mr. Williams typed his accusation.

One handed, or perhaps he gestured after completing the sentence.
I think they are typing all of their communication to maintain anonymity.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: ananke on August 04, 2009, 12:21:11 am
Yesterday was Sexual Bell Valve Victory Reference Sunday.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: fiftyfootelvis on August 05, 2009, 03:46:40 am
I'm pretty sure Teodor was the first elephant to type.
That whole "Ursine Gams" bit sounds more like Williams.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 05, 2009, 05:49:00 pm
I think they are typing all of their communication to maintain anonymity.

That's why I do everything through Facebook (in a meta-stroke, all of my profile pictures have been lifted from Facebook adverts), forums and e-mail.  In emergencies I have a pre-paid mobile phone with no traceable connections to me or my location(s).

I'd look into an elephant costume but there'd need to be at least two other people wearing them for me to be anyone other than "the quiet guy who always dresses like an elephant," and that's not very anon.
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: jaydub on August 05, 2009, 07:05:10 pm
(in a meta-stroke, all of my profile pictures have been lifted from Facebook adverts)
Except for the Onion-sourced ones.  Even the squalling baby came from FB?
Title: Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 06, 2009, 03:07:23 pm
Except for the Onion-sourced ones.  Even the squalling baby came from FB?

I meant all of my FB profile pictures.  I saw that thing where you have to tell Facebook not to use your pictures in their ads, so I just beat them to the punch by repurposing their images first.