Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"  (Read 8102 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:07:01 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08022009

a haiku from Subaru:

the sineufendo
her tiny arms akimbo
knows something is up
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:00 am »

Aww. Who's a cute little sineufendo? You are! Yes you are! Yes you are!

Does anyone know what a sineufendo is? It is a true Googlebomb.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:31:51 pm »

I'm afraid we are about to find out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »

I basically only know the word alabaster from references to skin color. Does it even have any other meaning at this point?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:47 pm »

The sineñfendo is drawn all black like Todd.  Perhaps is related to the squirrel.

Toaster, you're reference to sineufendo is now the top result in Google search.  It's followed by three assbar post asking the same question.  As I'm sure that my reference to sineñfendo is now the only result in Google.  How clever that Onstad has invented an entirely new word.  I wonder how long he toyed with the letters to assure that there would be absolutely no search engine results?

It looks like all hell is about to break loose.  Two angry elephants are about to start fighting.  Who's the cheater, it's Teodor isn't it?

That's a cool plane, a tri-wing.  Are there any plane nuts here that can tell us what make and model it is?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 03:31:48 pm »

Is a U with a tilde even a valid unicode character? Because making it impossible to type would certainly help make sure there's a lack of results.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 03:48:42 pm »

While I am always, ALWAYS happy to see Cartilage Head reemerge, I am just baffled by his antics. What is that big gem he is turning in panel 14? A mammoth cufflink?
Logged

Teufelblitz

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 04:16:55 pm »

That would be an old fashioned doorknob. Note the similarly old fashioned key hole below it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:29:23 pm »

I felt the correct title today was, "Up up, Mary", although as always I have no idea what the criteria are.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »

Alabaster is a name applied to varieties of two distinct minerals: gypsum (a hydrous sulfate of calcium) and calcite (a carbonate of calcium). The former is the alabaster of the present day; the latter is generally the alabaster of the ancients.

The two kinds are readily distinguished from one another by their relative hardness. The gypsum kind is so soft as to be readily scratched by a fingernail (Mohs hardness 1.5 to 2), while the calcite kind is too hard to be scratched in this way (Mohs hardness 3), though it does yield readily to a knife. Moreover, the calcite alabaster, being a carbonate, effervesces on being touched with hydrochloric acid, whereas the gypsum alabaster, when thus treated, remains practically unaffected.

Due to the characteristic color of white alabaster, the term has entered the vernacular as a metonym for white things, particularly "alabaster skin". The usage as whiteness also occurs in a line from the poem and song, America the Beautiful.
-wikipedia
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 05:10:08 pm »

I felt the correct title today was, "Up up, Mary", although as always I have no idea what the criteria are.

I too was wondering about this.  I thought it was some sort of container and CH was KLIKing it shut.  But a doorknob makes much more sense.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 06:53:08 pm »

That's a cool plane, a tri-wing.  Are there any plane nuts here that can tell us what make and model it is?

http://www.jastaboelcke.de/images/Aces/m_v_richthofen/425-17replica.jpg
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 09:15:04 pm »

Ap, Ap

Does anyome else have the impression that Cartilage Head is sort of a noble weirdo whose motivations are good? The resolution to the last CH story changes my expecations for this one--he seems less menacing. I am eager to see what his plan is, though.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 10:04:44 pm »

For some reason, Mr. Williams typed his accusation.

One handed, or perhaps he gestured after completing the sentence.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: August 2, 2009 - "CHEATER! YOU COPY ME!"
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:29 pm »

For some reason, Mr. Williams typed his accusation.

One handed, or perhaps he gestured after completing the sentence.
I think they are typing all of their communication to maintain anonymity.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up