The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on September 03, 2009, 11:29:06 am

Title: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 03, 2009, 11:29:06 am
The little cat's luck is so bad that he breaks Karma. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09032009)
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: wombat on September 03, 2009, 11:57:46 am
Oh, this is perfect. Of course, even Karma has to ask Roast Beef to fix its computer, and it's only fair that this is his way out.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Mr Trout on September 03, 2009, 12:12:13 pm
Hey this seems familiar. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5081.msg136204.html#msg136204)
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: dejavroom on September 03, 2009, 12:12:57 pm
Genius.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: CortJstr on September 03, 2009, 12:46:15 pm
Beef writes "Wounded by everybody" on a post-it and sticks it on the machine. All is well.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 03, 2009, 01:15:53 pm
KANK
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 03, 2009, 03:22:13 pm
Hey this seems familiar. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5081.msg136204.html#msg136204)
Mr.Trout can see the future.
What kind of woman will I marry?
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 03, 2009, 04:07:53 pm
Mr.Trout can see the future.
What kind of woman will I marry?

(http://www.cleckheatoncricketclub.com/trophy.jpg)
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: pmcd9 on September 03, 2009, 06:00:13 pm
This is a test.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: atalkingdog on September 04, 2009, 12:38:48 am
Is this how Buddha escaped the cycle of reincarnation?

it reminds me of the part of Atlas Shrugged when John Galt helps his torturers fix the machine that is torturing him.

when that Escelade explodes we might see Ray and Teodor pass through the machine.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Dangermoose on September 04, 2009, 03:52:07 am
This will be the first and last time Roast Beef is ever compared to John Galt.

I hopes.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 04, 2009, 04:16:50 am
This will be the first and last time Roast Beef is ever compared to John Galt.
I hopes.
I auto-cringe when ayn rand comes up in internet discussions.
Because of the hazing.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Toaster on September 04, 2009, 04:45:53 am
I'm gonna have to read that damned book. Just so I know what all the damned fuss is about. So I can know where I stand.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Dangermoose on September 04, 2009, 02:10:47 pm
I auto-cringe when ayn rand comes up in internet discussions.
Because of the hazing.

Hazing?
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 04, 2009, 06:06:56 pm
Hazing?
This is the first message board I ever used, and I came in guns blazing about my ayn rand reading and my love for the wealth creation mechanism. I did not then know that talking about Ayn Rand was such a thing on the internet forum venue and I got into many battles with LFM. I have since cooled off and now realize how silly Rand zealots look.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: wombat on September 04, 2009, 06:13:40 pm
I have since cooled off and now realize how silly Rand zealots look.

Oh, wow. Our little A-Cap is all grown up. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Dangermoose on September 04, 2009, 08:28:17 pm
This is the first message board I ever used, and I came in guns blazing about my ayn rand reading and my love for the wealth creation mechanism. I did not then know that talking about Ayn Rand was such a thing on the internet forum venue and I got into many battles with LFM. I have since cooled off and now realize how silly Rand zealots look.

Ah, I see.  Well, as someone who, in a former life as editor at a college conservative rag, has had to calmly but sternly wallop more than my share of Rand zealots upside the head until they get a little smooth around the edges -- generally in bars, rather than message boards, but it's the same -- I am glad that you have cooled off and can now lead a semi-normal life among people.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: atalkingdog on September 04, 2009, 10:05:35 pm
This will be the first and last time Roast Beef is ever compared to John Galt.

I hopes.

it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 04, 2009, 11:04:37 pm
it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.

stand up for yourself.  its the internet, dont be a wuss.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Choop on September 05, 2009, 02:29:03 am
i guess the machine in the pit of despair didn't need repairs, just testing
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: Dangermoose on September 05, 2009, 06:31:38 am
it was the only other narrative I could remember of a character fixing a machine being used to torture him.
or something.

Well, that's understandable.  Who does that?  I guess, only mythic Objectivists and Roast Beef.

{Edit: "objectivists and roast beef" is actually to be found somewhere in Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but the index is not helping me out.}
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 05, 2009, 06:50:33 am
It would say that there is no au-jus because it is being wasted on the underclasses and then go on about how the most oppressed people in the world are the upper-classes, what with how normal schmucks are siphoning off slivers of the upper class's potential decadence that they might live in dignity and... hey... if they wanted to live in dignity, they should've been born with stuff to begin with, such as au-jus.

And then the author would talk about how she wants the au-jus to force itself upon her, sexually.

For about eight hundred pages straight.
Title: Re: 20090903 - Infinite Loop
Post by: atalkingdog on September 05, 2009, 12:28:21 pm
these Nero Wolfe books are pretty good.

as soon as I pay down my library fines I will read more of them.