The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: lprkn on September 23, 2009, 10:14:31 pm

Title: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: lprkn on September 23, 2009, 10:14:31 pm
permalink (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09232009)

protein jeans
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: CortJstr on September 23, 2009, 10:25:46 pm
Onstad mentioned the tire-brand thing on Twitter, too. This must really be bugging him for some reason.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: Dangermoose on September 24, 2009, 04:17:06 am
He has moved to the Pacific Northwest.  We are concerned about our tires here, and it must be giving him culture friction.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 24, 2009, 04:31:22 am
onstrad might start to sound snobby before long.....
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 24, 2009, 04:56:54 am
Quote from: greenkoolayd
onstrad might start to sound snobby before long.....

I imagine "Onstrad" as being sort of to Onstad as Homsar is to the Homestar Runner.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: Toaster on September 24, 2009, 05:02:02 am
I don't own a car, but if I did I would totally know what kind of tires I own. But that's only because I have OCD and I have to know everything about everything ever. Thinking about what I do not know makes me literally have panic attacks. All staying up at night reading books about anatomy and scarfing down Froot Loops and saltine crackers straight out of the box. Then I take an Ativan and pass out in a pile of pillows, wake up and waste an entire day reading about cetacean evolution. Because my mind is broken.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: pmcd9 on September 24, 2009, 05:07:10 am
Toaster I'm going to give you a can of Dr Pepper because your mind is broken.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: jaydub on September 24, 2009, 05:35:14 am
As am I, because we're broken in the same way.  Don't worry - I've had it for going on 20 years and for the most part am a thriving member of society.  Although I still find myself deeply researching Expressionist painters or offensive line blocking schemes at random times.  The Internet does not help with this.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 24, 2009, 06:49:11 am
i suppose its more important to know what size and what condition your tires are in, than what brand they are....
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: Ben-San on September 24, 2009, 08:58:21 am
Is it just me or is Cornelius writing this by phrasing it as he suspects Ray would and then applying too many fonts?
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: dejavroom on September 24, 2009, 12:05:12 pm
pmcd9, I'm gonna give you a can of Dr Pepper because you gave Toaster a can of Dr Pepper because his mind is broken.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 24, 2009, 02:40:17 pm
I don't own a car, but if I did I would totally know what kind of tires I own. But that's only because I have OCD and I have to know everything about everything ever. Thinking about what I do not know makes me literally have panic attacks. All staying up at night reading books about anatomy and scarfing down Froot Loops and saltine crackers straight out of the box. Then I take an Ativan and pass out in a pile of pillows, wake up and waste an entire day reading about cetacean evolution. Because my mind is broken.

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of a day spent reading about cetacean evolution being "wasted".
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: Toaster on September 24, 2009, 02:43:22 pm
I can't wrap my mind around the concept of a day spent reading about cetacean evolution being "wasted".
And that's why you get this can.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 24, 2009, 05:57:34 pm
I love that concept. Dude all being bugged by people actually knowing something irrelevant to him up to this point.

its hard to tell if hes making fun of blue-collar dudes, or making fun of the idea of making of blue collar dudes.  i dont know enough about him personally to say, "oh well, he had it comfy enough that he probably wasnt taught to handle as much of your own biz as possible, to save money AND feel pride."  who knows these things...
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: miles on September 24, 2009, 11:45:47 pm
It is, however, most certainly annoying as fuck. I would not read that book even if it had some coolly phrased things like Protein Jeans.

Really? I was sold at protein jeans.

its hard to tell if hes making fun of blue-collar dudes, or making fun of the idea of making of blue collar dudes.  i dont know enough about him personally to say, "oh well, he had it comfy enough that he probably wasnt taught to handle as much of your own biz as possible, to save money AND feel pride."  who knows these things...

Dude's lived a pretty full life, been to prison and all. He wouldn't turn a blue collar dude away from the Dude and Catastrophe and I don't imagine he looks down on a guy for working with his hands.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: dejavroom on September 24, 2009, 11:55:13 pm
Dude's lived a pretty full life, been to prison and all.

Oh, I had no idea... What happened for him to go to prison?


(Sorry if this is not an ok question. I cannot really gauge the level of Onstad's celebrity, which arguably could warrant such level of public scrutiny)?
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: miles on September 25, 2009, 12:08:02 am
Oh right, I totally read the post as "I can't tell if Cornelius is making fun of..." and went with that. Now I see what was meant. OK, yeah, I don't know the answer to that one. I guess it helps if I read the whole thread.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: pmcd9 on September 25, 2009, 02:00:02 am
Oh, I had no idea... What happened for him to go to prison?


(Sorry if this is not an ok question. I cannot really gauge the level of Onstad's celebrity, which arguably could warrant such level of public scrutiny)?


I believe he was referring to Cornelius, not Onstad.
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 25, 2009, 02:50:49 am
You don't say?
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 25, 2009, 03:58:56 am
i was referring to onstad.  i know cornelius is dudes dude.......
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: ananke on September 25, 2009, 07:20:42 am
http://hell yes
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 25, 2009, 08:26:13 am
oh hell no
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: dejavroom on September 25, 2009, 10:58:21 am
I believe he was referring to Cornelius, not Onstad.

Fuck.

Funny to think that Cornelius could talk with Little Nephew on LN's level without much effort...
Title: Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
Post by: pmcd9 on September 28, 2009, 10:14:33 pm
Vulcanizadora (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/3963141097/)