Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword  (Read 4006 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:14:31 pm »

permalink

protein jeans
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »

Onstad mentioned the tire-brand thing on Twitter, too. This must really be bugging him for some reason.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:17:06 am »

He has moved to the Pacific Northwest.  We are concerned about our tires here, and it must be giving him culture friction.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:31:22 am »

onstrad might start to sound snobby before long.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:56:54 am »

Quote from: greenkoolayd
onstrad might start to sound snobby before long.....

I imagine "Onstrad" as being sort of to Onstad as Homsar is to the Homestar Runner.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:02:02 am »

I don't own a car, but if I did I would totally know what kind of tires I own. But that's only because I have OCD and I have to know everything about everything ever. Thinking about what I do not know makes me literally have panic attacks. All staying up at night reading books about anatomy and scarfing down Froot Loops and saltine crackers straight out of the box. Then I take an Ativan and pass out in a pile of pillows, wake up and waste an entire day reading about cetacean evolution. Because my mind is broken.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:10:13 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 05:07:10 am »

Toaster I'm going to give you a can of Dr Pepper because your mind is broken.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:14 am »

As am I, because we're broken in the same way.  Don't worry - I've had it for going on 20 years and for the most part am a thriving member of society.  Although I still find myself deeply researching Expressionist painters or offensive line blocking schemes at random times.  The Internet does not help with this.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 06:49:11 am »

i suppose its more important to know what size and what condition your tires are in, than what brand they are....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 08:58:21 am »

Is it just me or is Cornelius writing this by phrasing it as he suspects Ray would and then applying too many fonts?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 12:05:12 pm »

pmcd9, I'm gonna give you a can of Dr Pepper because you gave Toaster a can of Dr Pepper because his mind is broken.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 02:40:17 pm »

I don't own a car, but if I did I would totally know what kind of tires I own. But that's only because I have OCD and I have to know everything about everything ever. Thinking about what I do not know makes me literally have panic attacks. All staying up at night reading books about anatomy and scarfing down Froot Loops and saltine crackers straight out of the box. Then I take an Ativan and pass out in a pile of pillows, wake up and waste an entire day reading about cetacean evolution. Because my mind is broken.

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of a day spent reading about cetacean evolution being "wasted".
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 02:43:22 pm »

I can't wrap my mind around the concept of a day spent reading about cetacean evolution being "wasted".
And that's why you get this can.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 05:57:34 pm »

I love that concept. Dude all being bugged by people actually knowing something irrelevant to him up to this point.

its hard to tell if hes making fun of blue-collar dudes, or making fun of the idea of making of blue collar dudes.  i dont know enough about him personally to say, "oh well, he had it comfy enough that he probably wasnt taught to handle as much of your own biz as possible, to save money AND feel pride."  who knows these things...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 - The Foreword
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 11:45:47 pm »

It is, however, most certainly annoying as fuck. I would not read that book even if it had some coolly phrased things like Protein Jeans.

Really? I was sold at protein jeans.

its hard to tell if hes making fun of blue-collar dudes, or making fun of the idea of making of blue collar dudes.  i dont know enough about him personally to say, "oh well, he had it comfy enough that he probably wasnt taught to handle as much of your own biz as possible, to save money AND feel pride."  who knows these things...

Dude's lived a pretty full life, been to prison and all. He wouldn't turn a blue collar dude away from the Dude and Catastrophe and I don't imagine he looks down on a guy for working with his hands.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up