The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: CortJstr on October 15, 2009, 08:16:58 pm

Title: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2009, 08:16:58 pm
http://consumerist.com/5382592/amazon-same-day-delivery-will-you-ever-leave-the-house-again

Amazon announces same-day delivery. Considering next-day costs $3.99 the $5.99 for same-day seems pretty reasonable. The main question is if you have to live in the city proper or if this applies to metro areas. I'm guessing the latter since Amazon's warehouses are generally in the suburbs/exurbs anyway in my experience (Sterling, VA is where most of my stuff comes from lately).
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: wombat on October 15, 2009, 08:55:52 pm
I just took a gig for which I am paid in Amazon gift cards (easier than paying me with money from Japan, I guess). I think soon we are going to have a completely Amazon-based economic system.
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 15, 2009, 09:08:22 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000796XXM?ie=UTF8&tag=weirdweb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000796XXM

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkadonk-Land-Cruiser-Tank/dp/B00067F1CE/ref=pd_sbs_indust_1

I demand both items, post haste
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: CortJstr on October 15, 2009, 10:32:49 pm
I'm pretty sure this only applies to Prime-eligible items. Sorry, A-CAP.
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: bluemoon72 on October 15, 2009, 11:05:01 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000796XXM?ie=UTF8&tag=weirdweb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000796XXM

I'm going to save six bucks by getting you the used uranium.  I'm sure it hasn't reached its half-life yet.
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: lprkn on October 16, 2009, 12:04:13 am
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000796XXM?ie=UTF8&tag=weirdweb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000796XXM

I love one of the reviewer's quotes for this item: "I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty."
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: miles on October 16, 2009, 12:08:45 am
I noticed that one, too. The review title: "Great Product, Poor Packaging"
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: Ruta Bagas on October 16, 2009, 03:53:27 pm
Suddenly this (http://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Whole-Milk-Gallon-128/dp/B00032G1S0) makes a lot more sense.
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: Lister on October 20, 2009, 06:09:46 am
It's a shame Todd will have to wait at least one more day to get these (http://tiA-CAPrl.com/yktp3wa).
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: Choop on October 20, 2009, 06:18:46 am
i'm guessing you ordered all 404 of them in stock?
Title: Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 20, 2009, 05:56:23 pm
Suddenly this (http://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Whole-Milk-Gallon-128/dp/B00032G1S0) makes a lot more sense.

quoth the kitten, "get some more."