Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaving the house is totally overrated  (Read 2485 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Leaving the house is totally overrated
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:16:58 pm »

http://consumerist.com/5382592/amazon-same-day-delivery-will-you-ever-leave-the-house-again

Amazon announces same-day delivery. Considering next-day costs $3.99 the $5.99 for same-day seems pretty reasonable. The main question is if you have to live in the city proper or if this applies to metro areas. I'm guessing the latter since Amazon's warehouses are generally in the suburbs/exurbs anyway in my experience (Sterling, VA is where most of my stuff comes from lately).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:52 pm »

I just took a gig for which I am paid in Amazon gift cards (easier than paying me with money from Japan, I guess). I think soon we are going to have a completely Amazon-based economic system.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:32:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure this only applies to Prime-eligible items. Sorry, A-CAP.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:05:01 pm »

Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:04:13 am »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000796XXM?ie=UTF8&tag=weirdweb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000796XXM

I love one of the reviewer's quotes for this item: "I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty."
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 12:08:45 am »

I noticed that one, too. The review title: "Great Product, Poor Packaging"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 03:53:27 pm »

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:46 am »

It's a shame Todd will have to wait at least one more day to get these.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 06:18:46 am »

i'm guessing you ordered all 404 of them in stock?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Leaving the house is totally overrated
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 05:56:23 pm »

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

quoth the kitten, "get some more."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1]   Go Up