The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: jay-ell on October 27, 2009, 02:59:22 am

Title: Freddie
Post by: jay-ell on October 27, 2009, 02:59:22 am
Hey, guys, you know what I found out recently?

You remember "Freddie" from A Different World? She was also the voice of "Christy" in The Care Bears 2: A New Generation.

Isn't it amazing how two characters who seem to have nothing to do with each other can actually be traced back to the same person?

I'm amazed, personally. Absolutely flabbergasted.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 27, 2009, 03:30:57 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cree_Summer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cree_Summer)

(http://www.gargoyles-fans.org/characters/images/cree_summer.jpg)
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 03:33:00 am
Hey, guys, you know what I found out recently?

You remember "Freddie" from A Different World? She was also the voice of "Christy" in The Care Bears 2: A New Generation.

Isn't it amazing how two characters who seem to have nothing to do with each other can actually be traced back to the same person?

I'm amazed, personally. Absolutely flabbergasted.

Cree Summer is HUGE in the voice acting world. She has done (ones I have personally seen are bolded)

    * 101 Dalmatians: The Series: Princess
    * As Told by Ginger: Miranda Killgallen
    * Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Princess Kida
    * The New Batman Adventures: Ice Maiden #2
   * Batman Beyond: Maxine "Max" Gibson, Tigress
    * Ben 10: Frightwig
    * Bonkers (TV series): Alto, Young Toon Saxophone (one episode)
    * Bratz': Aloncè
    * Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: Savy SL2 (one episode)
    * The Buzz on Maggie: Rayna Cartflight
    * Camp Candy: Robin
    * Captain Planet and the Planeteers Karen
    * ChalkZone: Sonny
   * Clifford the Big Red Dog: Cleo
    * Codename: Kids Next Door: Numbuh Five, Cree Lincoln, DCFDTL
    * Danny Phantom: Valerie Gray (starting from "Shades of Grey")
   * Drawn Together: Foxxy Love, CUNT Sweetcake, Super Nanny, Ni-Pul, Xandir's Girlfriend, Captain She-Ro
    * Freakazoid!: Jill (one episode)
    * Garbage Pail Kids (TV series): Clogged Duane, Heartless Hal, Trashed Tracy, Squishy, Plain Jane
   * Gargoyles (TV series): Hyena
    * The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy: Cave Witch (one episode)
    * Horrible Histories: Mo, additional voices
    * Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater: Catnip
    * Histeria!: Aka Pella
    * The Incredible Hulk (1996 TV series): She-Hulk (season 2)
   * Inspector Gadget: Penny (season 1, Gadget's Greatest Gadgets)
    * Johnny Bravo: Amy Elephant (one episode)
    * Jungle Cubs: Louie (season 2)
    * Justice League Unlimited: Female Singer (one episode)
    * The Land Before Time (TV series): Tippy
    * The New Woody Woodpecker Show: additional voice
    * Lilo & Stitch: The Series: Lana (one episode)
    * The Little Mermaid (TV series): Pearl
    * Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm: Princess Kitana
    * Mummies Alive!: Nefer-Tina
    * My Gym Partner's a Monkey: Mrs. Tusk, Kerry, Mrs. Loon, Latanya Hippo, Eddie Panther
    * My Life as a Teenage *****: Stephanie (one episode), Tiff, Queen Vexus (one episode), Vicky, and QT2
    * Pepper Ann: Tessa James, Vanessa James
    * Peter Pan and the Pirates: Tiger Lily
   * Pinky and the Brain: Bunny, Receptionist
   * Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain: Elmyra Duff
    * Problem Child (TV series): Spencer
    * Project G.e.e.K.e.R.: Lady MacBeth
    * The Proud Family: Peabo
    * Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters: Chilly Cooper
   * ***** Chicken: Penny, Evil Little Girl (one episode) (a reprisal of her original role in Inspect Gadget)
    * Rocket Power: Crystal Bianca (one episode)
   * Rugrats and All Grown Up!: Susie Carmichael
    * Sabrina, the Animated Series: Chloe Flan
    * Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series): Dulcy the Dragon
    * The Spectacular Spider-Man: Glory Grant
    * Spider-Man: The New Animated Series: Professor Williams
    * Static Shock: Candide
    * Superman: The Animated Series: Rainsong, Natasha Irons
    * Star Wars: Ewoks: Princess Kneesaa (season one)
    * Star Wars: Clone Wars: Luminara Unduli
    * The Super Hero Squad Show: Storm
   * Tiny Toon Adventures: Elmyra Duff, Mary Melody
    * Transformers: Animated: Decepticon Blackarachnia
    * Wayside: Bebe Gunn
    * The Weekenders: Penny DeCartes, Todd DeCartes, Carver's Mom
    * W.I.T.C.H. (TV series): Ember
    * Word Girl: Granny May
    * The Zeta Project: Skye Hoaps
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Choop on October 27, 2009, 03:49:20 am
lol drawn together
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: jaydub on October 27, 2009, 04:02:19 am
I don't know if I can condone exposing small children to the Care Bears.  Seems...unsavory.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 04:07:08 am
I don't know if I can condone exposing small children to the Care Bears.  Seems...unsavory.


(http://www.leadpaintcomics.com/comics/2009-08-09-caretroop.jpg)
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 27, 2009, 04:32:10 am
I don't know if I can condone exposing small children to the Care Bears.  Seems...unsavory.

they were part of my childhood, and im certainly above average.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 27, 2009, 04:40:17 am
Quote from: Bobby Isosceles
Drawn Together: CUNT Sweetcake

Is there a way to send tiny refreshment to the filter programme?
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: pmcd9 on October 27, 2009, 04:42:19 am
I miss BUFFY.  Whatever happened to him?  He doesn't post here anymore.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Doc on October 27, 2009, 07:14:46 am
I heard he got accepted into that post graduate program he was always talking about. In between that and the twins I guess he's been pretty busy living a happy fulfilling life.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 27, 2009, 09:41:43 am
I miss BUFFY.  Whatever happened to him?  He doesn't post here anymore.


Buffy is now mostly posting death threats and personal information on assetbar. He plans to come back after he has hacked TOUAMB.

He's a real swell guy aint he?
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: 57 on October 27, 2009, 10:44:19 am
hey man, don't take my sense of humor seriously.  You can say you don't like my humor, but you can't seriously say I make bona fide death threats.

sorry if you don't get along with me.  hey I am pretty laid back and I think the worst I have done is ruffle some feathers.  I'm a little different, that's all.  Sure, some people find me terribly offensive, but I mean, people find a lot of silly stuff offensive too... we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people up in Iraq.  I don't have a God complex, I'm not comparing my routine to Carlin's "Freedom Fighter" routine, I'm just sayin', I'm on a different wavelength than some of you, but really, when it comes down to it, I am on your side.  You don't have to share your message board with me, and that's cool, because I generally don't find your wavelength any more interesting than you find mine.  Just try to keep an open mind, in the end, there's a lot more to life than our own comfortable routines, and I don't think any of us has it all figured out yet...
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: dejavroom on October 27, 2009, 11:22:32 am
Hey man don't let these grody mouths put you down.

I for one am appreciative of my free ENLIGHTENMENT.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: R2DTrousers on October 27, 2009, 12:02:40 pm
sorry if you don't get along with me.

You're definitely not sorry!
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: AugustWest on October 27, 2009, 12:34:54 pm
You're definitely not sorry!

HAMBURGER! (http://blogofinterest.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/hamburger-dude/)
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 02:32:17 pm
sorry if you don't get along with me.  hey I am pretty laid back and I think the worst I have done is ruffle some feathers.  I'm a little different, that's all.  Sure, some people find me terribly offensive, but I mean, people find a lot of silly stuff offensive too... we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people up in Iraq. 


I'm gonna give dude man a can for laying some perspective and context down all up ins.


I dont take fledglings under my wing though, but I will say this: Andy Kaufman good. Jim Carrey bad. If you can bring some of that Kaufman charm I will be much obliged.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: dejavroom on October 27, 2009, 02:38:18 pm
we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people in Iraq.

Nonsense, surely. Never been there, but I'm sure there are people blowing each other in LA too.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: AugustWest on October 27, 2009, 02:49:05 pm
hey man, don't take my sense of humor seriously.  You can say you don't like my humor, but you can't seriously say I make bona fide death threats.

sorry if you don't get along with me.  hey I am pretty laid back and I think the worst I have done is ruffle some feathers.  I'm a little different, that's all.  Sure, some people find me terribly offensive, but I mean, people find a lot of silly stuff offensive too... we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people up in Iraq.  I don't have a God complex, I'm not comparing my routine to Carlin's "Freedom Fighter" routine, I'm just sayin', I'm on a different wavelength than some of you, but really, when it comes down to it, I am on your side.  You don't have to share your message board with me, and that's cool, because I generally don't find your wavelength any more interesting than you find mine.  Just try to keep an open mind, in the end, there's a lot more to life than our own comfortable routines, and I don't think any of us has it all figured out yet...

Gee, how could we know about any of this stuff since this is your first ever post here...  Right?
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 02:56:19 pm
Nonsense, surely. Never been there, but I'm sure there are people blowing each other in LA too.


You know what else they do in LA? UNICORNS. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ZW0QdNakc)
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 27, 2009, 03:14:49 pm
A lot of people are calling bullshit on that music video, Bobby.

Apropos of nothing, there is a discarded helium birthday balloon floating around my kitchen window.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 03:45:21 pm
A lot of people are calling bullshit on that music video, Bobby.

Apropos of nothing, there is a discarded helium birthday balloon floating around my kitchen window.

Using SCIENCE, we've upgraded the music video: here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDyDz8WeiM4)
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: smick on October 27, 2009, 03:56:23 pm
HAMBURGER! (http://blogofinterest.wordpress.com/2008/04/05/hamburger-dude/)

NEWWWWWAAAAAVE!
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 27, 2009, 04:02:44 pm
Using SCIENCE, we've upgraded the music video: here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDyDz8WeiM4)
That poor man spent all of his niche reality show TV money.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: pmcd9 on October 27, 2009, 04:24:25 pm
I dont take fledglings under my wing though, but I will say this: Andy Kaufman good. Jim Carrey bad. If you can bring some of that Kaufman charm I will be much obliged.

Or how about we just forget about the bullshit and behave like real people.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 04:49:45 pm
Or how about we just forget about the bullshit and behave like real people.

Dude, every bridge needs a mischievous but in the end good hearted troll.
Just like every car needs a large man with handlebar moustache posing while it BELCHES FLAME.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: jay-ell on October 27, 2009, 05:18:56 pm
Dude, every bridge needs a mischievous but in the end good hearted troll.
Just like every car needs a large man with handlebar moustache posing while it BELCHES FLAME.

We have several of those already. Even if you quit, Bobby, we'll always (apparently) have Cioran.
Title: Re: Freddie
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 27, 2009, 05:49:16 pm
We have several of those already. Even if you quit, Bobby, we'll always (apparently) have Cioran.

Until he gets married in turn.