The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Daisy Owl => Topic started by: CortJstr on November 06, 2009, 05:43:07 pm

Title: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: CortJstr on November 06, 2009, 05:43:07 pm
Orbit: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-06

Oh noes! Will they be OK?
...
Oh. Right.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: pmcd9 on November 06, 2009, 07:42:42 pm
I guess now that Daisy Owl has it's own fora we can create a new topic for each new comic like we do with the Achewood strips.  Same naming protocol applies I presume.  Maybe not so many quotable lines as Achewood so I went with a general impression of the strip rather than a direct quote from it.

Yay, we have a Daisy Owl fora!!!
Title: "I'm just the pilot baby!"
Post by: wombat on November 06, 2009, 07:44:50 pm
Not so many quotable lines?

"What are you, the silent judgment baby?"

Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: pmcd9 on November 06, 2009, 08:03:48 pm
Ok fine.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: TedStriker on November 06, 2009, 08:16:52 pm
I offer hearty thanks to everyone for introducing me to the unbridled joy that is Daisy Owl.  After a long search, I may have finally found a webcomic that I can share with my wife without receiving a look of amused pity and befuddlement (not unlike when you see a really bad children's play).  Cheers.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: wombat on November 07, 2009, 12:43:30 am
Also "Space babies sound a lot better on paper."
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: dejavroom on November 07, 2009, 01:23:57 am
I offer hearty thanks to everyone for introducing me to the unbridled joy that is Daisy Owl.  After a long search, I may have finally found a webcomic that I can share with my wife without receiving a look of amused pity and befuddlement (not unlike when you see a really bad children's play).  Cheers.
s
And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy (http://lackadaisycats.com/) updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 07, 2009, 03:31:08 am
s
And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy (http://lackadaisycats.com/) updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?

I just looked at that, and, yeah, I just can't deal with a comic where cats act like humans.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Choop on November 07, 2009, 05:38:55 am
this lackadaisy thing veers too close to the uncanny valley of furry
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Chump Change on November 07, 2009, 07:01:09 am
It's funny because they think they're people.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Choop on November 07, 2009, 07:07:52 am
but what kind of dog is the one in suspenders
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Chump Change on November 07, 2009, 07:22:11 am
Austrian Brandlbraces?
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: dejavroom on November 07, 2009, 05:05:09 pm
I just can't deal with a comic where cats act like humans.

I see what you did there.

Also: stop being grodies. There's no one writing plot as solidly as Tracy Butler, and only Onstad nails down characterization as perfectly and consistently as her. As for the drawing style, there's nothing especially bizarre or different about the furry animals depicted if you're at least peripherally acquainted with Western animation:

(http://2.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksr0nq2rMn1qzryvmo1_250.jpg)

(http://7.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksr0msVxET1qzryvmo1_400.jpg)

She's just very good at it (perfect characterization of face/body language). Those strips are storyboards begging to be made into animation.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: rowboat on November 07, 2009, 05:50:53 pm
And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy (http://lackadaisycats.com/) updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?
This is the first time I've seen it. The art is jaw-dropping, but....uh....well, maybe you just have to know the characters for it to be funny? I just flipped through about five random strips and I don't think I cracked a smile. Maybe it's not supposed to be funny? Anyway, yes - amazing pencil work.

Oh, and being a hardcore furry, I cummed, like, ten times.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: Chump Change on November 07, 2009, 08:14:03 pm
I see what you did there.

Also: stop being grodies. There's no one writing plot as solidly as Tracy Butler, and only Onstad nails down characterization as perfectly and consistently as her. As for the drawing style, there's nothing especially bizarre or different about the furry animals depicted if you're at least peripherally acquainted with Western animation:

She's just very good at it (perfect characterization of face/body language). Those strips are storyboards begging to be made into animation.

I thought we were all being facetious.

I can't speak for the overall plot yet but based on the latest comic the characters are some of the most expressive I've ever seen.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: dejavroom on November 07, 2009, 08:19:31 pm
I thought we were all being facetious.

Fuck. I blame today's heatwave. Yeah, that's it.
Title: Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 24, 2009, 07:54:52 pm
Those strips are storyboards begging to be made into animation.

QFT