Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril  (Read 5645 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:43:07 pm »

Orbit: http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-06

Oh noes! Will they be OK?
...
Oh. Right.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »

I guess now that Daisy Owl has it's own fora we can create a new topic for each new comic like we do with the Achewood strips.  Same naming protocol applies I presume.  Maybe not so many quotable lines as Achewood so I went with a general impression of the strip rather than a direct quote from it.

Yay, we have a Daisy Owl fora!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
"I'm just the pilot baby!"
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:44:50 pm »

Not so many quotable lines?

"What are you, the silent judgment baby?"

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »

Ok fine.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 08:16:52 pm »

I offer hearty thanks to everyone for introducing me to the unbridled joy that is Daisy Owl.  After a long search, I may have finally found a webcomic that I can share with my wife without receiving a look of amused pity and befuddlement (not unlike when you see a really bad children's play).  Cheers.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 12:43:30 am »

Also "Space babies sound a lot better on paper."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 01:23:57 am »

I offer hearty thanks to everyone for introducing me to the unbridled joy that is Daisy Owl.  After a long search, I may have finally found a webcomic that I can share with my wife without receiving a look of amused pity and befuddlement (not unlike when you see a really bad children's play).  Cheers.
s
And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:38:44 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 03:31:08 am »

s
And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?

I just looked at that, and, yeah, I just can't deal with a comic where cats act like humans.
Logged

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 05:38:55 am »

this lackadaisy thing veers too close to the uncanny valley of furry
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 07:01:09 am »

It's funny because they think they're people.
Logged

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 07:07:52 am »

but what kind of dog is the one in suspenders
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 07:22:11 am »

Austrian Brandlbraces?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:50:27 am by Chump Change »
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 05:05:09 pm »

I just can't deal with a comic where cats act like humans.

I see what you did there.

Also: stop being grodies. There's no one writing plot as solidly as Tracy Butler, and only Onstad nails down characterization as perfectly and consistently as her. As for the drawing style, there's nothing especially bizarre or different about the furry animals depicted if you're at least peripherally acquainted with Western animation:





She's just very good at it (perfect characterization of face/body language). Those strips are storyboards begging to be made into animation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:22:28 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 05:50:53 pm »

And I thank you for making me see that Lackadaisy updated. Do you know it? It's very funny - and also very sad, down to its very execution: irregular updates (always astonishing, of course, as this last one is.), uncertain future (which, given the rich backlog of history between its characters, only hinted at so far, is all the more sad...). And it's cats, fuck, what else do you want?
This is the first time I've seen it. The art is jaw-dropping, but....uh....well, maybe you just have to know the characters for it to be funny? I just flipped through about five random strips and I don't think I cracked a smile. Maybe it's not supposed to be funny? Anyway, yes - amazing pencil work.

Oh, and being a hardcore furry, I cummed, like, ten times.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-06 Space Babies in Peril
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 08:14:03 pm »

I see what you did there.

Also: stop being grodies. There's no one writing plot as solidly as Tracy Butler, and only Onstad nails down characterization as perfectly and consistently as her. As for the drawing style, there's nothing especially bizarre or different about the furry animals depicted if you're at least peripherally acquainted with Western animation:

She's just very good at it (perfect characterization of face/body language). Those strips are storyboards begging to be made into animation.

I thought we were all being facetious.

I can't speak for the overall plot yet but based on the latest comic the characters are some of the most expressive I've ever seen.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up