The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: bluemoon72 on November 08, 2009, 12:42:02 am

Title: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 08, 2009, 12:42:02 am
They have become the holy trinity.  Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.
OK, after seeing Perry Bible Fellowship mentioned here several times, I have now visited, and read the entire archive.  Holy mother of God, those are some ROUGH (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif)  chuckles (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF024-Puppy_Wish.gif).  Great stuff.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on November 08, 2009, 01:45:56 am
Oh I love PBF dearly.  Nicholas Gurewitch is a modern day Charles Addams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Addams).  It sucks that he isn't doing it anymore.  He's probably found something more lucrative to occupy his time.

I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF036-Gopher_Girlfriend.gif) instantly comes to mind.  Someone on this board, I can't recall who now had the center panel from this strip as their buddy icon for a time.  That's how I came to know about PBF in the first place come to think.

Some other favorites include, but are not limited to The Ants Dance (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF062-The_Ants_Dance.gif), Trampoline Hero (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF083-Trampoline_Hero.gif), Colonel Sweeto (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF129-Colonel_Sweeto.jpg), Genius Sir (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF108-Genius_Sir.jpg), Caring for your Turtle (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF089-Caring_for_Your_Turtle.gif), and Not Today Little One (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF069-Not_Today_Little_One.jpg).
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 08, 2009, 02:15:10 am
Oh I love PBF dearly.  Nicholas Gurewitch is a modern day Charles Addams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Addams).  It sucks that he isn't doing it anymore.  He's probably found something more lucrative to occupy his time.

I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF036-Gopher_Girlfriend.gif) instantly comes to mind.  Someone on this board, I can't recall who now had the center panel from this strip as their buddy icon for a time.  That's how I came to know about PBF in the first place come to think.

Some other favorites include, but are not limited to The Ants Dance (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF062-The_Ants_Dance.gif), Trampoline Hero (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF083-Trampoline_Hero.gif), Colonel Sweeto (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF129-Colonel_Sweeto.jpg), Genius Sir (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF108-Genius_Sir.jpg), Caring for your Turtle (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF089-Caring_for_Your_Turtle.gif), and Not Today Little One (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF069-Not_Today_Little_One.jpg).


WOW...I'm gonna be busy for a loooooooooooong time.  Hello, no sleep tonight.  Thanks for all the great links!!!
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 08, 2009, 03:19:49 am
Are you pro- or anti-Skub? (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF020-Skub.gif)

I think this (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF022-Space_Helmet.jpg) is my favorite.

WAIT WAIT WAIT:  this one too (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF150-A_Hit_for_Bobby.gif)
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 08, 2009, 04:18:47 am

WOW...I'm gonna be busy for a loooooooooooong time.  Hello, no sleep tonight.  Thanks for all the great links!!!

Dang...I was under the delusion (damn crack) that those were other webcomics entirely. BOO.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: pmcd9 on November 08, 2009, 09:54:54 pm
The Love Wizard (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF188-Love_Wizard.jpg) is cool.  We don't stand a chance against those damn pupulons (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF162-Executive_Decision.jpg).  And I know damn well I better stay the hell away from the dreamcatcher 3000 (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF160-The_Dreamcatcher3000.gif).
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 08, 2009, 10:04:24 pm
My God...I love them all. 
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: oball on November 09, 2009, 02:38:46 am
And I know damn well I better stay the hell away from the dreamcatcher 3000 (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF160-The_Dreamcatcher3000.gif).

The scientist with the bottle from the final panel was my avatar of choice in most of my internet haunts for many years.
Title: Re: Daisy Owl
Post by: jaydub on November 09, 2009, 05:36:55 am
I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF036-Gopher_Girlfriend.gif) instantly comes to mind. 
I just shared that one with my wife, Stacey.
"You're disgusting".   ;D
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on November 09, 2009, 05:46:42 am
It feels so wrong that I love this one (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF152-Scorpy_the_Forest_Friend.gif) so much.
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: Chump Change on November 09, 2009, 06:10:57 am
and now, every perry bible fellowship ever (http://www.chainsawsuit.com/20080416.shtml)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: Doc on November 09, 2009, 06:28:32 am
I like Kris Straub but I don't like that. There's more to PBF than juxtaposition, there's always some weird causative link.
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: oball on November 09, 2009, 07:00:46 am
My favourites are No Survivors (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF084-No_Survivors.gif) and Book World (http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF130-Book_World.gif).
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: dejavroom on November 10, 2009, 06:06:30 pm
and now, every perry bible fellowship ever (http://www.chainsawsuit.com/20080416.shtml)

Oh my god. I love you. Don't run!
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: side_show on November 16, 2009, 09:26:57 pm
 Mario Too. (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF213-Mario_Too.jpg)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 03:58:14 am
Mario Too. (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF213-Mario_Too.jpg)


That's some rough chuckles.
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 04:10:09 am
Pyro Billy (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF038-Pyro_Billy.gif)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: Choop on November 17, 2009, 06:21:18 am
Angels Caught (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF053-Angels_Caught.jpg)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 07:57:55 am
Disgusting Ted (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF059-Disgusting_Ted.jpg)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: Choop on November 17, 2009, 08:05:19 am
Volcano Snails (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF135-Volcano_Snails.jpg)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: pmcd9 on November 17, 2009, 08:17:28 am
Zuthulu's Resurrection (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF154-Zuthulus_Resurrection.jpg)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: rowboat on November 17, 2009, 06:40:51 pm
and now, every perry bible fellowship ever (http://www.chainsawsuit.com/20080416.shtml)
I don't know who that is, but it doesn't appear that he's qualified to so much as carry Nicholas Gurewitch's jockstrap.
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: rowboat on November 18, 2009, 10:54:37 pm
Zuthulu's Resurrection (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF154-Zuthulus_Resurrection.jpg)
Ever notice that Zuthulu is watching the same game as Bobby (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF150-A_Hit_for_Bobby.gif)?

(By the way, this may be my overall favorite.)
Title: Re: Favorite PBF Strips
Post by: theinevitable on November 19, 2009, 04:50:56 am
http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF059-Disgusting_Ted.jpg

http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF161-Christmas_Cards.jpg

http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF167-Punch_Bout.gif

Intolerable Bastards (http://pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg)