Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite PBF Strips  (Read 7158 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Favorite PBF Strips
« on: November 08, 2009, 12:42:02 am »

They have become the holy trinity.  Achewood, PBF and now Daisy Owl are the only three comics that I have read in it's entirety.
OK, after seeing Perry Bible Fellowship mentioned here several times, I have now visited, and read the entire archive.  Holy mother of God, those are some ROUGH chuckles.  Great stuff.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:56:37 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:45:56 am »

Oh I love PBF dearly.  Nicholas Gurewitch is a modern day Charles Addams.  It sucks that he isn't doing it anymore.  He's probably found something more lucrative to occupy his time.

I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend instantly comes to mind.  Someone on this board, I can't recall who now had the center panel from this strip as their buddy icon for a time.  That's how I came to know about PBF in the first place come to think.

Some other favorites include, but are not limited to The Ants Dance, Trampoline Hero, Colonel Sweeto, Genius Sir, Caring for your Turtle, and Not Today Little One.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:15:10 am »

Oh I love PBF dearly.  Nicholas Gurewitch is a modern day Charles Addams.  It sucks that he isn't doing it anymore.  He's probably found something more lucrative to occupy his time.

I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend instantly comes to mind.  Someone on this board, I can't recall who now had the center panel from this strip as their buddy icon for a time.  That's how I came to know about PBF in the first place come to think.

Some other favorites include, but are not limited to The Ants Dance, Trampoline Hero, Colonel Sweeto, Genius Sir, Caring for your Turtle, and Not Today Little One.


WOW...I'm gonna be busy for a loooooooooooong time.  Hello, no sleep tonight.  Thanks for all the great links!!!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:19:49 am »

Are you pro- or anti-Skub?

I think this is my favorite.

WAIT WAIT WAIT:  this one too
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 04:18:47 am »


WOW...I'm gonna be busy for a loooooooooooong time.  Hello, no sleep tonight.  Thanks for all the great links!!!

Dang...I was under the delusion (damn crack) that those were other webcomics entirely. BOO.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:54:54 pm »

The Love Wizard is cool.  We don't stand a chance against those damn pupulons.  And I know damn well I better stay the hell away from the dreamcatcher 3000.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »

My God...I love them all. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:38:46 am »

And I know damn well I better stay the hell away from the dreamcatcher 3000.

The scientist with the bottle from the final panel was my avatar of choice in most of my internet haunts for many years.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Owl
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:36:55 am »

I have a lot of fave strips.  Gopher Girlfriend instantly comes to mind. 
I just shared that one with my wife, Stacey.
"You're disgusting".   ;D
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 05:46:42 am »

It feels so wrong that I love this one so much.
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 06:10:57 am »

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 06:28:32 am »

I like Kris Straub but I don't like that. There's more to PBF than juxtaposition, there's always some weird causative link.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 07:00:46 am »

My favourites are No Survivors and Book World.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:06:30 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite PBF Strips
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:26:57 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up