The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Chump Change on November 20, 2009, 05:30:08 am

Title: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Chump Change on November 20, 2009, 05:30:08 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11192009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11192009)

I'm glad the Dude and Catastrophe is still a thing, and also that Achewood is not a comic strip about a baby.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 20, 2009, 05:45:53 am
Is the cat wearing a hooded sweat-jacket or his pajamas and a bolo tie?

I mean, the fact that PJs and a bolo tie don't go together logically seems to suggest the first but the appearance suggests the second.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 05:49:00 am
someone call encyclopedia brown, roast beef's hoodie is missing its hood

i bet it was that no-good jerk bugs meany
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: wombat on November 20, 2009, 12:03:28 pm
Does God have a car? It's a good question.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Mr Trout on November 20, 2009, 12:42:55 pm
I'm trying to imagine what kind of car God would drive but all I can picture is either an Iroc or one of those cloud cars from Care Bears.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 20, 2009, 01:40:55 pm
I'm trying to imagine what kind of car God would drive but all I can picture is either an Iroc or one of those cloud cars from Care Bears.


Aubergine El Camino with hydraulic lift kit and a KITT-style scanner in the front. This is the correct answer.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: CortJstr on November 20, 2009, 01:51:54 pm
I'm trying to imagine what kind of car God would drive but all I can picture is either an Iroc or one of those cloud cars from Care Bears.

I'm thinking he drives the red car from MASK. The one the leader drives with the gull wing doors/wings.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 20, 2009, 02:30:09 pm
Not entirely inaccurate, but it's a lot more tolerable when it's your kid.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Mr Trout on November 20, 2009, 02:39:41 pm
Dan savage was talking about this on the blog this week. His conclusion was that kids are like a bad heroin habit. When you're up you've never felt better, but when you're down you want to tear your own skin off.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: R2DTrousers on November 20, 2009, 04:31:49 pm
I LOVE the JFK simile.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: TedStriker on November 20, 2009, 06:19:30 pm
Seems Connie has been pondering his hereafter (and others too) lately.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Dangermoose on November 21, 2009, 06:28:04 am
God is omnipresent and hence needs no car.  Maybe he has one anyway, which is the cause of all traffic jams, because he doesn't need to move because he's omnipresent.

I completely agree with the notion.  My son is just like the JFK assassination -- but when he does it it's cute!
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2009, 07:12:50 am
Parenting is just like the Kennedy assassination... an interesting subject ruined when other people try to push their personal theories about it onto you.

And the movies about it are even worse than that!

Holy shit. This analogy could go on forever.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Chump Change on November 21, 2009, 07:29:48 am
I will never understand why LFM has fewer cans than posts.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2009, 07:38:07 am
(It is because I sometimes get all worked up and go through brief periods of Being A Dick about politics. The cans that "wacky wordplay LFM" got WERE there, it's just that "left-wing agnostic ideologue LFM" sometimes shows up and gets them taken away. It is like the summer and the winter, the summer needs the winter to recharge and yet tiny cans of soda blow up when they freeze.)
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: rowboat on November 21, 2009, 03:54:48 pm
I'm trying to imagine what kind of car God would drive....
Hell hath no Fury....'cuz God be drivin' 'em all!
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/godfury-2.jpg)
[Reposted courtesy of Hamscout, Minister of the Department of Hastily Photoshopped Buggery. All rights reserved.]
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: jay-ell on November 21, 2009, 05:17:07 pm
(It is because I sometimes get all worked up and go through brief periods of Being A Dick about politics. The cans that "wacky wordplay LFM" got WERE there, it's just that "left-wing agnostic ideologue LFM" sometimes shows up and gets them taken away. It is like the summer and the winter, the summer needs the winter to recharge and yet tiny cans of soda blow up when they freeze.)

Self-awareness is a beautiful thing.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 21, 2009, 05:25:39 pm
Yeah... though self-control would be better.

I dunno if I'll quite master that one in the paltry handfull of years I get on this earth.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Dangermoose on November 21, 2009, 08:10:09 pm
Hell hath no Fury....'cuz God be drivin' 'em all!
(http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/rowboat77/godfury-2.jpg)
[Reposted courtesy of Hamscout, Minister of the Department of Hastily Photoshopped Buggery. All rights reserved.]

I tried to give you 3 cans but, as with handguns, there's a waiting period.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 22, 2009, 04:48:04 am
I'm thinking he drives the red car from MASK. The one the leader drives with the gull wing doors/wings.

canned for the sweet reference to a show that was rad when i was a lad.

(It is because I sometimes get all worked up and go through brief periods of Being A Dick about politics. The cans that "wacky wordplay LFM" got WERE there, it's just that "left-wing agnostic ideologue LFM" sometimes shows up and gets them taken away. It is like the summer and the winter, the summer needs the winter to recharge and yet tiny cans of soda blow up when they freeze.)

another excellent analogy.  you keep this up, and youre going to get some positive attention.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 22, 2009, 06:08:12 am
Holy hell the assbar comments have finally degenerated into some fever nightmare over there. The first like 10 posts are half Shithead noise and then some person posted individual images of every single achewood strip ever in a single post. Literally unreadable. Head over to assbar if you feel like losing faith in humanity.

(internet things need moderators. This includes things like message boards and modern warfare 2.)
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: rowboat on November 22, 2009, 04:58:01 pm
Holy hell the assbar comments have finally degenerated into some fever nightmare over there. The first like 10 posts are half Shithead noise and then some person posted individual images of every single achewood strip ever in a single post. Literally unreadable.
No wonder I couldn't get it to open. My computer is basically in a retirement home at this point. Pre-chewed meals only for this old broad.

Anyway, AIU should not be thought of as a good representation of humanity. Losing your faith in humanity over one of his posts would be like doing so because a dog took a thousand shits in a day. It's sad and ugly, but it's doesn't reflect on humanity.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: JorgeFabregas on November 22, 2009, 08:00:06 pm
Holy hell the assbar comments have finally degenerated into some fever nightmare over there. The first like 10 posts are half Shithead noise and then some person posted individual images of every single achewood strip ever in a single post. Literally unreadable. Head over to assbar if you feel like losing faith in humanity.

(internet things need moderators. This includes things like message boards and modern warfare 2.)
Every strip ever? Sounds a bit like the neurotic troll that we briefly shared with that board.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Ben-San on November 22, 2009, 09:28:56 pm
Every strip ever? Sounds a bit like the neurotic troll that we briefly shared with that board.

Chris Onstad?
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: bluemoon72 on November 23, 2009, 02:39:04 am
canned for the sweet reference to a show that was rad when i was a lad.

I'm so old, I saw MASK and could only think of the movie with Cher and Eric Roberts.  *sigh*
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: rowboat on November 23, 2009, 02:49:11 am
I'm so old, I saw MASK and could only think of the movie with Cher and Eric Roberts.  *sigh*
I thought of both. That's my age.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: jaydub on November 23, 2009, 07:03:05 am
Jim Carrey's movie.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Doc on November 23, 2009, 08:48:11 am
Jim Carrey's movie.

Yeah, I did this at first. I'm sorry old people.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: dejavroom on November 23, 2009, 10:21:45 am
(It is because I sometimes get all worked up and go through brief periods of Being A Dick about politics.

The Arts seem to be a bit of a rocky patch, too.
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 23, 2009, 03:15:43 pm
The Arts seem to be a bit of a rocky patch, too.

dont forget that time he led the KKK march, or when he sold euthanized critters to that panda express.  and who could forget that whole holocaust-dealie?
Title: Re: Nov 19, 2009 - Children are like the Kennedy assassination
Post by: Doc on November 24, 2009, 11:41:39 am
No no no. He DENIES that one. Get your pathologies straight, man.

No, not that Holocaust. The other one. The one they don't talk about because we're allies with those guys.