The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 05:54:47 am

Title: herman
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 05:54:47 am
herman the manatee (http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/02/27/bubble-trouble-2/)

could be good.....

but cattle of the sea (http://www.monkeyspit.net/sites/manatee/recipes.html) is not.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: Choop on November 20, 2009, 06:09:18 am
i think i don't "get it"
Title: Re: herman
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 20, 2009, 06:25:34 am
Horrifying head injuries are an analogy for the shameful failures of life, insofar as they are both constant.

I... think that is what the strip means.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 06:27:01 am
maybe its supposed to be depressing on purpose, like PFSC...
Title: Re: herman
Post by: pmcd9 on November 20, 2009, 12:55:50 pm
I read two strips.  Does Herman get bashed in the head in every strip?  'Cos I'm not going to read anymore to find out.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: AugustWest on November 20, 2009, 02:07:08 pm
This one was OK. (http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/03/19/the-book-of-herman/)

This one doesn't involve a gruesome head injury. (http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/04/09/meet-marty-mullet/)

God is working some rough chuckles in this one. (http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/06/18/flim-flam-fate/)
Title: Re: herman
Post by: wombat on November 20, 2009, 03:24:47 pm
I want to like a comic about a manatee. I'll get back to you.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: smick on November 20, 2009, 04:42:03 pm
So, I read a couple and chuckled.  It's a theme, and I get that.

However, I had to laugh when I was over at Hark A Vagrant and I saw Herman's banner ad.

(http://www.projectwonderful.com/img/uploads/pics/4461-1209247135.jpg)

THIS COMIC DELIVERS AS PROMISED... DAILY.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: wombat on November 20, 2009, 05:28:42 pm
OK, that is good. I will have to give it more of a chance.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: pmcd9 on November 20, 2009, 05:57:38 pm
OK, that is good. I will have to give it more of a chance.

Dear Wombles, this is a comic where the punchline is a manatee getting hit by a boat prop.

DAILY!
Title: Re: herman
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 20, 2009, 07:37:39 pm
So, I read a couple and chuckled.  It's a theme, and I get that.

However, I had to laugh when I was over at Hark A Vagrant and I saw Herman's banner ad.

(http://www.projectwonderful.com/img/uploads/pics/4461-1209247135.jpg)

THIS COMIC DELIVERS AS PROMISED... DAILY.

thats where i found it...
Title: Re: herman
Post by: Chump Change on November 20, 2009, 08:16:01 pm
http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/11/18/manatee-of-the-absurd/ (http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/11/18/manatee-of-the-absurd/)

He actually stops getting hit by boats all the time after this one.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: wombat on November 21, 2009, 12:05:24 am
I find that the real problem is the art. That is a lousy picture of a manatee.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: Chump Change on November 22, 2009, 11:19:21 pm
I find that the real problem is the art. That is a lousy picture of a manatee.

I have the same problem with that talking cats comic.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 22, 2009, 11:41:15 pm
"Listen Herman, Ive been doing some reading and I think what you have is what the experts call "Boat Anxiety."
"I'll say."
Title: Re: herman
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 27, 2009, 05:07:18 am
This may be the only other web comic I like.  I almost like Daisy Owl, I like achewood, and now I think I like Herman the Manatee.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: theinevitable on November 27, 2009, 05:25:33 am
http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/06/25/a-clean-break/

yes.
Title: Re: herman
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 13, 2009, 12:56:45 pm
Seriously, this comic is so good.