Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: herman  (Read 5523 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
herman
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:54:47 am »

herman the manatee

could be good.....

but cattle of the sea is not.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:09:18 am »

i think i don't "get it"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: herman
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 06:25:34 am »

Horrifying head injuries are an analogy for the shameful failures of life, insofar as they are both constant.

I... think that is what the strip means.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: herman
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:27:01 am »

maybe its supposed to be depressing on purpose, like PFSC...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:55:50 pm »

I read two strips.  Does Herman get bashed in the head in every strip?  'Cos I'm not going to read anymore to find out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:13:12 pm by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:24:47 pm »

I want to like a comic about a manatee. I'll get back to you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 04:42:03 pm »

So, I read a couple and chuckled.  It's a theme, and I get that.

However, I had to laugh when I was over at Hark A Vagrant and I saw Herman's banner ad.



THIS COMIC DELIVERS AS PROMISED... DAILY.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 05:28:42 pm »

OK, that is good. I will have to give it more of a chance.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 05:57:38 pm »

OK, that is good. I will have to give it more of a chance.

Dear Wombles, this is a comic where the punchline is a manatee getting hit by a boat prop.

DAILY!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: herman
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 07:37:39 pm »

So, I read a couple and chuckled.  It's a theme, and I get that.

However, I had to laugh when I was over at Hark A Vagrant and I saw Herman's banner ad.



THIS COMIC DELIVERS AS PROMISED... DAILY.

thats where i found it...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 08:16:01 pm »

http://herman.manateepower.com/2008/11/18/manatee-of-the-absurd/

He actually stops getting hit by boats all the time after this one.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 12:05:24 am »

I find that the real problem is the art. That is a lousy picture of a manatee.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 11:19:21 pm »

I find that the real problem is the art. That is a lousy picture of a manatee.

I have the same problem with that talking cats comic.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: herman
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 11:41:15 pm »

"Listen Herman, Ive been doing some reading and I think what you have is what the experts call "Boat Anxiety."
"I'll say."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up