The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: lprkn on December 08, 2009, 12:26:18 am

Title: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: lprkn on December 08, 2009, 12:26:18 am
I know that we have talked about this elsewhere, but I couldn't find the thread and Google was no help, either.

Here is a picture. Look at it. Look at the picture.

(http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/654.jpg)
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: Chump Change on December 08, 2009, 01:09:42 am
I don't know why I thought a real life Ray Smuckles would be something I might want to see.

I... I really don't.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 08, 2009, 01:24:30 am
Thats not a cat and hes not wearing shades.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: pmcd9 on December 08, 2009, 01:36:28 am
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2586/3796724932_4aa5eb7fcc_m.jpg)
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 08, 2009, 06:55:42 am
[[dryheave]]
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: wombat on December 08, 2009, 02:15:29 pm
I don't know why I thought a real life Ray Smuckles would be something I might want to see.

That is a good point.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: Drygioni on December 08, 2009, 05:08:01 pm
Fuck you Lprkn, fuck you so so so much.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 08, 2009, 08:41:14 pm
Fuck you Lprkn, fuck you so so so much.

and not the way you wanted, either....
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: jay-ell on December 08, 2009, 09:41:33 pm
Here's the thread:

http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=4312.msg115598

And here's a link to a summary with pics, since the original site was taken down by request of Uncle Dirty's family.

http://vice.typepad.com/vice_magazine/2008/03/uncle-dirty.html
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: side_show on December 08, 2009, 10:55:22 pm
Why would the family want the site taken down?  He clearly lives a very public life.  Hrm.  Oh well.  Here's to Uncle Dirty!
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: lprkn on December 08, 2009, 11:36:42 pm
Here's the thread:

http://touamb.com/index.php?topic=4312.msg115598

And here's a link to a summary with pics, since the original site was taken down by request of Uncle Dirty's family.

http://vice.typepad.com/vice_magazine/2008/03/uncle-dirty.html

Thanks, JL. Your Google-fu is clearly superior to my own.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: jay-ell on December 09, 2009, 12:02:21 am
I learned from the best (Cort).
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: AugustWest on December 09, 2009, 01:54:44 am
Why would the family want the site taken down?  He clearly lives a very public life.  Hrm.  Oh well.  Here's to Uncle Dirty!

Dude, If I was looking that good at 91 I'd walk around in a thong too.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: R2DTrousers on December 09, 2009, 02:56:04 am
If I'm a loopy, nut-brown exhibitionist at 91 there's no telling what I'll dress up in. Maybe a cravat.
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: jay-ell on December 09, 2009, 03:14:35 am
More:

http://mikebelleme.com/stories/uncle-dirty-and-aunt-alda/

And the original site, with explanation:

http://lovebryan.com/mike/2007/12/uncle-dirty/
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: side_show on December 10, 2009, 05:03:51 pm
I guess, if it was my aging family member, my greatest concern would be exploitation.  The photos, in and of themselves, are quite beautiful, as I noted in the original thread.  Beyond that, I suppose, if this was someone I loved, I would indeed be worried that people would invade my loved ones life for their own amuzement.  Likewise, I'm sure there was a point where Dirty wasn't aged, when this would have just been embarassing as hell.  Imagine going grocery shopping with your father if he was dressed a la Dirty.  *Shudder.*
Title: Re: Real-life Ray Smuckles
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 18, 2009, 03:31:00 pm
I know that we have talked about this elsewhere, but I couldn't find the thread and Google was no help, either.

Here is a picture. Look at it. Look at the picture.

(http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/654.jpg)

Front view: (http://mike.13th-floor.org/ray-as-human.jpg)