The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Chump Change on December 21, 2009, 09:18:46 am

Title: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Chump Change on December 21, 2009, 09:18:46 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12212009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12212009)

What is this?

I'm not sure what this is.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Toaster on December 21, 2009, 09:33:50 am
It's MONEY, baby, that's what it is.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 21, 2009, 10:07:59 am
It is about how fuck*ng ridiculously hard life is and what a twisted sort of joke it is that a pill could somehow change that.

I don't find myself laughing but I do find myself agreeing.

We were never designed to stop eating good meat when it was available. When we were In Design, food was so rare that you just ate all you could because you probably wouldn't again for a coupla days.

We were never designed to drive cars. They were only recently invented! It would be unnatural to do that, even once a day, six times a day.

We are trying to legislate normalcy to cover whatever is consensus normal THIS SECOND and we betray ourselves on that point with nearly every waking breath.

And here are the talking cats. Alluding to it.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: pmcd9 on December 21, 2009, 02:07:28 pm
T needs to stop eating prosciutto right before bedtime.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jay-ell on December 21, 2009, 04:11:48 pm
This is one of those that, if you have to have it explained, it wasn't meant for you.

I loved it.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Choop on December 21, 2009, 04:45:09 pm
ash, it reminds me of ray from toilet party swapped with phillipe vis-a-vis ultra peanut.

in the best ways.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Chump Change on December 21, 2009, 10:01:56 pm
Has Teodor lost weight, or is it just the #####?
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Toaster on December 21, 2009, 10:39:09 pm
It's a dream sequence. It's not, but I don't know the word for what it actually is. It's like this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09112006).
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 22, 2009, 02:28:19 am
like that new drug that grows your eyelashes..... you have to get a prescription, but is insufficient eyelash length a huge deal?
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: theinevitable on December 22, 2009, 02:48:22 am
I hate this. Also, I can't process some of your comments in a way that... Maybe I got hit in the head and I can't remember.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Toaster on December 22, 2009, 04:08:09 am
like that new drug that grows your eyelashes..... you have to get a prescription, but is insufficient eyelash length a huge deal?

When I was a child, women would tell my mother that they were jealous of my robust eyelashes. I did not take this as a compliment, for in my mind, it means I have Girl Eyes.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 22, 2009, 04:21:00 am
Women are always jealous of my hair, yeah.

It is weird.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 22, 2009, 06:57:36 am
Women are always jealous of my hair, yeah.

It is weird.

same here.  old ladies approach me in the grocery store and tell me how much of a shame it is for a boy to have such gorgeous hair.  i never know how to take it.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 22, 2009, 07:00:59 am
Yeah me too, you all have curly hair?  Is it all women over 40 that compliment you, but younger women will play with it while drunk?
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jaydub on December 22, 2009, 07:23:52 am
I was afflicted with that condition.  Thankfully, it faded along with my hair color.  Stylists used to cluck in sorrow when they cut my hair.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 22, 2009, 07:24:35 am
I have thick curly dark-brown-almost-black hair, yeah.

Women tell me "I wish I had your hair!" and I bite my tongue and do not say "Well, I could give your future children this hair..."

But that could be misconstrued as harassment so I do not make that little joke.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 22, 2009, 07:39:19 am
Yeah, thick and curly I mean.

Mine is blond but I don't think that makes a difference.  Mine is an afro!
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 22, 2009, 07:58:11 am
Yeah me too, you all have curly hair?  Is it all women over 40 that compliment you, but younger women will play with it while drunk?

more of the former, none of the latter.  i need to hang out with drunk chicks.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 22, 2009, 10:28:53 am
i need to hang out with drunk chicks.
Amen, brother.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2009, 02:00:08 pm
same here.  old ladies approach me in the grocery store and tell me how much of a shame it is for a boy to have such gorgeous hair.  i never know how to take it.

I think I will do that when I am an old lady. Something to look forward to.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jay-ell on December 22, 2009, 02:06:50 pm
I once dated a man for six months based solely on his beautiful blonde curls.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2009, 03:20:46 pm
So did you try that out yet?

Oh no you dint!
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2009, 03:52:07 pm
I knew someone would say it, it was just a question of who was willing to risk whether I have figured out that I can also delete huge numbers of cans.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Choop on December 22, 2009, 03:59:23 pm
straight blonde hair here, women have always told me they're jealous of it. i used to say "there's enough to go around" but then i got slapped one time too many so i stopped.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 22, 2009, 09:47:30 pm
I think I will do that when I am an old lady. Something to look forward to.

according to that picture that was posted of you, you kinda got it goin on, so it wont be so unpleasant for the dude...
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2009, 10:00:26 pm
There's a youngun who knows how to get himself a thousand cans.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 22, 2009, 11:07:28 pm
easy come, easy go, duder.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 23, 2009, 05:03:20 am
I once dated a man for six months based solely on his beautiful blonde curls.

Me: three months, amazing super-thick straight really long dark brown hair.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 23, 2009, 05:21:13 am
thats the female equivalent of a dude dating a chick because she has an impressive rack.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: TedStriker on December 23, 2009, 03:20:14 pm
thats the female equivalent of a dude dating a chick because she has an impressive rack.

This.

This is the sort of egalitarianism I can support.
Title: Re: December 21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 23, 2009, 05:20:39 pm
like that new drug that grows your eyelashes..... you have to get a prescription, but is insufficient eyelash length a huge deal?
IIRC, a possible side effect of that drug is that it stains your eyes.

http://www.realself.com/question/latisse-side-what-potential-latisse-side
Quote
    * Itching and/or redness.
    * Possible darkening of eyelid skin (may be reversible).
    * Possible darkening of the colored portion of the eye (may be permanent).
Sign me up and call me Sally.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: AugustWest on December 23, 2009, 07:02:13 pm
Quote
 
    * Possible darkening of eyelid skin (may be reversible).
    * Possible darkening of the colored portion of the eye (may be permanent).

I love the mealy-mouthedness inherent in these two statements.  Don't the two phrases "may be reversible" and "may be permanent" mean exactly the same thing?  Like, if it's not reversible, then it's permanent -- right?  And if it's not permanent, then it's reversible -- right?  And if you say "may be", that means it might happen and it might not -- right?  So... both side-effects may or may not be permanent -- right?
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 23, 2009, 08:09:46 pm
i just dont get why you need a Rx from a doctor for a cosmetic substance. 
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Choop on December 23, 2009, 09:35:02 pm
because this ain't mexico, bub. if you didn't need a scrip, people would sell shit that kills. see: fen-phen.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: CortJstr on December 23, 2009, 11:29:39 pm
I love the mealy-mouthedness inherent in these two statements.  Don't the two phrases "may be reversible" and "may be permanent" mean exactly the same thing?  Like, if it's not reversible, then it's permanent -- right?  And if it's not permanent, then it's reversible -- right?  And if you say "may be", that means it might happen and it might not -- right?  So... both side-effects may or may not be permanent -- right?

Well "may be reversible" to me says "no matter what this shit ain't going away on its own but there may be a way to reverse it with other drugs or something." As for "may be permanent" that could go either way.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 24, 2009, 06:38:03 am
I think those are the doc's caveats, not the Pharm company's. He has more incentive to hedge his bets a bit.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jaydub on December 26, 2009, 07:06:27 am
I am saddened by my lack of photoshop/GIMP skills which prevent me from putting an image of a lacrosse stick reskinned with a prosciutto image on the forum.  Its pretty rad in my imagination anyway.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Chump Change on December 26, 2009, 07:18:53 am
I am saddened by my lack of prosciutto.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 26, 2009, 04:31:07 pm
i have never eaten prociutto. /uncultured hick
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Toaster on December 27, 2009, 07:13:13 am
Isn't it just old bacon? From Italy?
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 27, 2009, 06:34:58 pm
Isn't it just old bacon? From Italy?

More like old ham, thinly sliced, from Italy.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 27, 2009, 07:17:03 pm
More like old ham, thinly sliced, from Italy.

damn right.  fuck you, food network, im going to burger king and getting me a quad-stacker.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: AugustWest on December 28, 2009, 03:21:17 am
More like country ham, from Italy.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jaydub on December 28, 2009, 04:21:31 am
I thought it was cut from a pork belly though.  So less ham-ish.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: pmcd9 on December 28, 2009, 06:29:59 am
Apparently no one on this board has ever eaten prosciutto.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: theinevitable on December 28, 2009, 06:36:00 am
I have had it, in Italy.

And then I drove around in my BMW and fucked an italian supermodel, and then I blew up Il Duomo with my wristwatch.

(but actually I did have it in italy. it is good.)
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: pmcd9 on December 28, 2009, 06:44:20 am
More like old ham

Maybe like ham from an old country.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 28, 2009, 06:50:00 am
Pig, to my palate, is a morning-meal animal only so I'm not so inclined to go afield with such things.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jaydub on December 28, 2009, 07:33:22 am
I have had prosciutto.  It is a fine meat-stuff.  It is pricey beyond its tastiness however, which is a fault neither of ham, nor of bacon.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: wombat on December 28, 2009, 01:35:41 pm
I have had it, in Italy.

And then I drove around in my BMW and fucked an italian supermodel, and then I blew up Il Duomo with my wristwatch.

At first I thought this was a serious post by A-Cap.

I was eating proscuitto before most of you were born.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 28, 2009, 03:26:09 pm
I have prosciutto in my fridge right now.

Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 28, 2009, 04:57:43 pm
At first I thought this was a serious post by A-Cap.

I was eating proscuitto before most of you were born.
No way, lady. I hear Italian women have lots of hair they dont shave. That is not my scene.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Drygioni on December 28, 2009, 06:33:10 pm
No way, lady. I hear Italian women have lots of hair they dont shave. That is not my scene.

I can confirm this is not in 100% of cases true.

It's a bit weird the whole 'continental-types don't like shaving' thing, it's definitely not accurate. I'm sure the British invented the rumour so we felt better about our hard-faced Cromwellian sourpusses.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: AugustWest on December 28, 2009, 07:43:24 pm
Dude, it's the same underneath the hair.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 28, 2009, 08:35:28 pm
Dude, it's the same underneath the hair.
I had a friend whose girlfriend claimed some kind of sensitive skin condition that prevented her from shaving anything. And she insisted on wearing like, tank tops and other sleeveless/shoulderless tops.
It was not a good thing.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 28, 2009, 11:10:32 pm
Oddly, leg hair on women does not bother me much at all but underarm hair woogs me the hell out.

I mean, I am not "into" leg hair, I mildly prefer shaved legs on a lady but it is not A Thing at all.

Underarm hair, though, yikes, no. Oh God no.

And I am fair about this, I shave my own but not for aesthetic reasons, rather so that I do not have to apply deodorant three times a day.

As I am Ethnic.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: theinevitable on December 29, 2009, 12:02:41 am
I know a few girls who do not shave their armpits, and it is not really my scene.
whatever, though.

I only care about it when one of them said that shaving armpits is "heteronormative" and I got in a huge fight with her about how that makes NO GODDAMN SENSE. THE WORD YOU MEAN IS SEXIST. COME ON.

and then she tried to explain herself and it was really clear that she was completely full of shit, and just didn't like shaving. Which is fine. But I have low tolerance for certain kinds of bullshit, and that is one of them.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: bluemoon72 on December 29, 2009, 03:13:14 am
...when one of them said that shaving armpits is "heteronormative" and I got in a huge fight with her about how that makes NO GODDAMN SENSE...

I could, however, see a case for "socionormative."
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: lprkn on December 29, 2009, 04:15:34 am
I could see a case for "normal."

Amirite guys?

Guys?
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Doc on December 29, 2009, 04:20:29 am
I could see a case for "normal."
In the sense that the majority of people in a given group do it, then yes. Yes it is.

My take has always been that I shave my face every day because I do not want to scare small children, this is an aesthetic choice I've made about my own body. If you want to make a different aesthetic choice that is your call but I don't have to pretend it looks good to me.

Slight lie in that I haven't shaved for a month because  have been on HOLIDAY damnit.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 29, 2009, 04:32:02 am
 
Slight lie in that I haven't shaved for a month because  have been on HOLIDAY VACATION damnit.

FTFY
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: Choop on December 29, 2009, 05:56:06 am
after a month i only grow out half a neckbeard (centered just left of middle) and what i wear anyway. i just have to shave twice a week because it itches.

lady hair never bothered me, really, armpits or otherwise. but then, half the women at college were hippies and the other half were lesbians. limited pool, is what i'm saying there.
Title: Re: 2009-12-21 - Prosciuttolax®
Post by: jaydub on December 29, 2009, 07:00:52 pm
Scaring small children

(http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs123.snc3/17077_398136955146_596275146_10379067_5959237_n.jpg)