The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 14, 2010, 05:29:01 am

Title: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: AugustWest on January 14, 2010, 05:29:01 am
I'm looking forward to another great year of pictures.

All Hail the King of Houston on the day of his birth!!!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Doc on January 14, 2010, 09:11:06 am
Rock out with your camera out awesome mustache man.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: wombat on January 14, 2010, 01:52:40 pm
Why isn't this a Texas state holiday?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: CortJstr on January 14, 2010, 02:17:45 pm
Why isn't this a Texas state holiday?

Because Texas doesn't have state holidays. They think they're a sovereign nation, remember? Regardless, Paul should be king.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: jay-ell on January 14, 2010, 03:22:51 pm
Rock out with your camera out awesome mustache man.

This.

Have a great one, Paul.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 14, 2010, 04:27:30 pm
i hope you get propositioned like, 9398237457 times for mustache rides.  also, youre my e-dogg, but please no more self-n00dz.  please.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: jaydub on January 14, 2010, 04:56:16 pm
May your tank be full, and your crystals plentiful and dank.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 14, 2010, 05:05:41 pm
Thanks yalls.  I'm having a great day so far.  I'm just sitting around the house currently, but am anticipating a lady who is going to stop by for maximum birthday cuddles.  Then later a bunch of us friends are going to have dinner (nachos of course) and artcar storytime.  It's going to be awesome.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Mr Trout on January 14, 2010, 05:16:18 pm
Happy birthday, and please use this to pay for the nachos:

(http://imgur.com/i2Pmk.jpg) (http://imgur.com/i2Pmk.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 14, 2010, 05:33:31 pm
Is so cool, is so not enough cans for that.

we can try, though, right?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 14, 2010, 07:56:54 pm
Happy Birthday and the Sorcerer's Stone!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 14, 2010, 08:05:56 pm
You will be happy to know you were born on the Feast of the Ass medieval holiday. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Ass
Happy Feast of the Ass Day!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 14, 2010, 09:03:43 pm
It is the most awesome week of birthdays EVER.  Rock on, good sir.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 14, 2010, 10:22:07 pm
Happy birthday Paul.  Due to that video you once posted, in my mind, you are permanently skipping rope, so skip to the loo my darlin'.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 15, 2010, 12:23:46 am
May the nachos be supreme and the cuddles truly maximum.  Happiest of birthdays and my best to you for this year.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: miles on January 15, 2010, 12:41:45 am
a lady who is going to stop by for maximum birthday cuddles.

Awww yeah! Happy birthday, dude.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: TedStriker on January 15, 2010, 12:43:24 am
Happy birthday to the one member of this board whose temporal existence I can verify.  I'm going to have an awesome Houston taco truck dinner on your behalf.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: TedStriker on January 15, 2010, 05:15:22 pm
Houston taco truck dinner (n): a blind date wherein your date's home is difficult to locate, but surprisingly well-appointed, indicating a high degree of taste.  A second date is a given.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: theinevitable on January 15, 2010, 05:36:11 pm
whoa, so, remember when I didn't open this thread because I thought it was for someone I didn't know.

Happy Birthday Paul. I hope your artcar storytime was rad.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 15, 2010, 06:03:12 pm
Dear Paul,
Happy birthday.  I hope you got to put on a suit and ride a bicycle if that's something that gives you joy.  Also the nachos.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 16, 2010, 11:38:14 am
Hello friends, I truly had a marvelous birthday.  Lots and lots of friends came out for the Feast of the Ass and Artcar Storytime.  A funtime was had by all.

Mr. Trout, thanks for the photo, that was awesome.  Smells, maybe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQtLC8lUkTg) video might supplant the rope juming in your mind.

Of course I took a birthday photo (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4278036445_382e8ab318_b.jpg) which is an homage to this (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08262005) Achewood strip.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 17, 2010, 02:45:12 pm
Ah yes, the hot peanut clip.  You are just wonderful, by the way.

Was the peanut really so very hot?  I can't tell for sure how much of that clip is for real vs pretend.  There are indeed spicy almonds sold in bulk where I grocery shop, and I said "now are these really spicy, or is this one of those things where they say it's spicy, only it's only it's actually just mildly seasoned."  Needless to say my reaction was far more coughing and sputtering than anything else.  "That was a spicy almond!"   
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 17, 2010, 07:12:23 pm
Smells, I would say a great deal of that clip was real, however my reactions to the hot peanut was all clowning.  The peanuts were spicy, but not uncomfortably so, and obviously I am not allergic to them.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 18, 2010, 12:26:18 am
Smells, I would say a great deal of that clip was real, however my reactions to the hot peanut was all clowning.  The peanuts were spicy, but not uncomfortably so, and obviously I am not allergic to them.

what if you were allergic and now youre a really articulate zombie....?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 18, 2010, 05:57:29 pm
He's going to a lot of trouble to lull us into complacency isn't he?  One minute we feel safe and like we're having fun, the next minute, our skulls are open with all the goop getting sucked out like a lychee!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 18, 2010, 06:06:03 pm
He's going to a lot of trouble to lull us into complacency isn't he?  One minute we feel safe and like we're having fun, the next minute, our skulls are open with all the goop getting sucked out like a lychee!

i have a feeling the brains of this group are quite delicious.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 18, 2010, 06:13:32 pm
Paul, the gourmet of the zoombie world, knows how to shop for the good produce.  He even farms us a bit, with the intellectual stimulation. 

The thing I'm worried about is:  will the catalog description of my brain in Dean and Deluca and Zombie be as complimentary as a prime cut of AW brain, or, you know, am I a lesser grade of brain?  What will the price point on my brain be?  Is it in line with JL?  I am insecure about the value of my brain on the open market.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 18, 2010, 06:17:16 pm
Paul, the gourmet of the zoombie world, knows how to shop for the good produce.  He even farms us a bit, with the intellectual stimulation. 

The thing I'm worried about is:  will the catalog description of my brain in Dean and Deluca and Zombie be as complimentary as a prime cut of AW brain, or, you know, am I a lesser grade of brain?  What will the price point on my brain be?  Is it in line with JL?  I am insecure about the value of my brain on the open market.

i have a feeling that its a 'to each his own'-type deal.  some people like white meat and some like dark.  some zombies like brains that come from people that live in red states and some people like brains that come from people that live in blue states.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2010, 08:18:16 pm
The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: jay-ell on January 18, 2010, 08:22:15 pm
Dang, I'm toast.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: AugustWest on January 18, 2010, 08:27:35 pm
The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.

Hells yeah!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: AugustWest on January 18, 2010, 09:23:23 pm
Quiet you. All talking from a state with 6 million people and 15 last names.

(mine tastes like ashes and sin)

I did my part to fight inbreeding.  I married a Missouri girl.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: miles on January 19, 2010, 01:40:26 am
The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.

Shit, I'm a card carrying liberal in arguably the reddest state in the union.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2010, 03:23:40 am
The funny thing about California... or at least the Los Angeles area, anyway... is that it is actually a LOT less liberal than everyone makes it out to be.

The general vibe amoungst everyone of the middle to upper classes seems to be not of the classic American liberal tradition at all but rather of the "quite socially permissive of people with money doing whatever the hell they want but if someone wants to give an extra dime of their goddamned taxes to a poor person, let alone a poor person of questionable legal status, they get their panties in such a fuck*ng bunch, they're coughing up their BVDs."

Which is, of course, less liberal and more a hypocritical dude wanting to come off as a liberal but wanting none of the trouble that comes with that position.

I mean, if that's your ACTUAL ideological position, I disagree with you but at least you're being honest.

But this whole "oh yeah, legalize pot and gay marriage and whatever but goddamn it let the Mexicans starve if it means my second yacht has to be pre-owned..."

Like, no. No, that is not actually consistent at all.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: miles on January 19, 2010, 04:35:21 am
Well, I think you've just described a rich libertarian.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 19, 2010, 05:39:39 am
And, yeah, if these people were presenting themselves as rich libertarians, I would agree to disagree and ask if they might please pass the dutchie.

But they have some Great Trouble with admitting this.

They feel guilty about their positions so they don't want to be considered the general type of person that holds those positions.

And it creates a false image of (at least southern) Californian politics.

That's all I'm saying.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2010, 03:36:52 pm
Hit a little close to home?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 19, 2010, 05:07:24 pm
Asherdan is the solution to Okun's leaky bucket of the social welfare function.
THE MORE YOU KNOW (http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:qqqxE3vN07kJ:www.palgrave.com/economics/tresch/students/pdfs/Chapter_05_summary.pdf+Okun%27s+leaky+bucket&hl=en&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbTk6eNZrN8o9KwfJLmCv9N4u8CetQ)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2010, 05:25:49 pm
Can we please not talk politics in my birthday thread?  Let's talk about boobies instead.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2010, 05:33:59 pm
Last Friday night there was a burlesque show tribute to Bettie Page held here in Houston.  Somehow this escaped my notice.  Some of my friends attended.

I was at the Improv seeing Charlie Murphy!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Choop on January 19, 2010, 05:50:50 pm
(http://www.impactlab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Cake-Diving-335.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2010, 06:05:29 pm
(https://www.msu.edu/course/isb/202/ebertmay/images/boobies.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 19, 2010, 09:08:52 pm
Can we please not talk politics in my birthday thread?  Let's talk about boobies instead.

i apologize for bringing it up.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 19, 2010, 10:34:42 pm
I declair this the most wanderingest of birthday threads in the shortest number of posts!  Huzzah!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: bluemoon72 on January 20, 2010, 02:15:59 am
Boobies boobies boobies!  Also, Ash, sMets might be talking bout a measly 100,000 people, but you're talking about...one.  Tits tits titties tits tits!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 20, 2010, 03:16:31 am
Apologies for intrudin' on your birthday, yeah, sorry.

Just going with the flow of the ramble.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: side_show on January 20, 2010, 03:14:19 pm
It's especially easy to get distracted by Betty Page...  I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Toaster on January 20, 2010, 03:30:47 pm
Betty Page is arguably the most influential person of the 20th century. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 20, 2010, 03:57:15 pm
personally, she isnt such a big deal.  i dont dig high cut bangs.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Choop on January 20, 2010, 04:53:21 pm
in all honesty it wasn't a very good movie but mmm boobies
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Mr Trout on January 20, 2010, 06:29:53 pm
(http://www.thepurplemoon.com/blog/warholsoupcans.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 21, 2010, 02:37:10 am
I find Bettie Page HERSELF, quite attractive, but... most women should not have those bangs. At all.

Most women are made pronouncedly less attractive by those bangs.

Certain women who do not understand men and what attracts them have come to the conclusion that they are why men like her.

And then they'll grow those bangs.

And that leads to... suffering.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2010, 06:15:12 am
I'm pretty sure we've talked about this before.  I'm of the opinion that most woman who wear bangs have never heard of Bettie Page.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 21, 2010, 06:44:25 am
Have we? It seems like something I'd talk about, sure.

All I'm saying is there are bangs and then there are "I will look like a 50s pin-up because I have these bangs" bangs.

And the... second ones are the ones I am talking about.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2010, 06:53:37 am
It's a case by case basis for sure.  Some women look great with Bettie Page bangs.  Also, you have an off kilter view of women.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 21, 2010, 06:59:56 am
Quote from: pmcd9
Also, you have an off kilter view of women.

Is there a standard view?

I have no doubt, of course, that whatever it is I deviate from it greatly, I'm sure you're right but...

If there is a generally agreed upon standard view, it would be an interesting thing to know.

As I have been both girl-crazy and living-deeply-inside-my-own-head since roughly the age of twelve, I guess that equals my never considering what the median or mean of "what most dudes want in a lady as opposed to what I'm into" actually is. I don't think it's that I have a problem with believing I'm "normal" my problem is with believing I'm "intrisically right" until I step back and think about it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2010, 01:50:28 pm
I would just like to break in here and say I don't give a shit about Bettie Page, but most women should think twice, or maybe half a dozen times, about bangs. It is usually not a good idea.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 21, 2010, 04:33:30 pm
Also, you have an off kilter view of women.

Is there a standard view?

Yes. Looking from behind, standing at the entrance to the kitchen.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 21, 2010, 05:17:07 pm
Yes. Looking from behind, standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

also, i better smell a ham sammich being built for me while my dinner is cooking in the oven.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: jay-ell on January 21, 2010, 06:50:50 pm
Yes. Looking from behind, standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

Barefoot, of course.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: theinevitable on January 22, 2010, 02:21:00 am
I am with LFM, the girls I know who have those bangs are very aware that they are Betty Page Bangs. Maybe because of that movie.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
Post by: Toaster on January 22, 2010, 06:08:37 pm
Oh man if bangs ever go out of style I'm gonna cryogenically freeze myself until such time as they are back in style.