Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.  (Read 10418 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 12:41:45 am »

a lady who is going to stop by for maximum birthday cuddles.

Awww yeah! Happy birthday, dude.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 12:43:24 am »

Happy birthday to the one member of this board whose temporal existence I can verify.  I'm going to have an awesome Houston taco truck dinner on your behalf.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

Houston taco truck dinner (n): a blind date wherein your date's home is difficult to locate, but surprisingly well-appointed, indicating a high degree of taste.  A second date is a given.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:11 pm »

whoa, so, remember when I didn't open this thread because I thought it was for someone I didn't know.

Happy Birthday Paul. I hope your artcar storytime was rad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:03:12 pm »

Dear Paul,
Happy birthday.  I hope you got to put on a suit and ride a bicycle if that's something that gives you joy.  Also the nachos.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 11:38:14 am »

Hello friends, I truly had a marvelous birthday.  Lots and lots of friends came out for the Feast of the Ass and Artcar Storytime.  A funtime was had by all.

Mr. Trout, thanks for the photo, that was awesome.  Smells, maybe this video might supplant the rope juming in your mind.

Of course I took a birthday photo which is an homage to this Achewood strip.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 02:45:12 pm »

Ah yes, the hot peanut clip.  You are just wonderful, by the way.

Was the peanut really so very hot?  I can't tell for sure how much of that clip is for real vs pretend.  There are indeed spicy almonds sold in bulk where I grocery shop, and I said "now are these really spicy, or is this one of those things where they say it's spicy, only it's only it's actually just mildly seasoned."  Needless to say my reaction was far more coughing and sputtering than anything else.  "That was a spicy almond!"   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 07:12:23 pm »

Smells, I would say a great deal of that clip was real, however my reactions to the hot peanut was all clowning.  The peanuts were spicy, but not uncomfortably so, and obviously I am not allergic to them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 12:26:18 am »

Smells, I would say a great deal of that clip was real, however my reactions to the hot peanut was all clowning.  The peanuts were spicy, but not uncomfortably so, and obviously I am not allergic to them.

what if you were allergic and now youre a really articulate zombie....?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 05:57:29 pm »

He's going to a lot of trouble to lull us into complacency isn't he?  One minute we feel safe and like we're having fun, the next minute, our skulls are open with all the goop getting sucked out like a lychee!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 06:06:03 pm »

He's going to a lot of trouble to lull us into complacency isn't he?  One minute we feel safe and like we're having fun, the next minute, our skulls are open with all the goop getting sucked out like a lychee!

i have a feeling the brains of this group are quite delicious.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

Paul, the gourmet of the zoombie world, knows how to shop for the good produce.  He even farms us a bit, with the intellectual stimulation. 

The thing I'm worried about is:  will the catalog description of my brain in Dean and Deluca and Zombie be as complimentary as a prime cut of AW brain, or, you know, am I a lesser grade of brain?  What will the price point on my brain be?  Is it in line with JL?  I am insecure about the value of my brain on the open market.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 06:17:16 pm »

Paul, the gourmet of the zoombie world, knows how to shop for the good produce.  He even farms us a bit, with the intellectual stimulation. 

The thing I'm worried about is:  will the catalog description of my brain in Dean and Deluca and Zombie be as complimentary as a prime cut of AW brain, or, you know, am I a lesser grade of brain?  What will the price point on my brain be?  Is it in line with JL?  I am insecure about the value of my brain on the open market.

i have a feeling that its a 'to each his own'-type deal.  some people like white meat and some like dark.  some zombies like brains that come from people that live in red states and some people like brains that come from people that live in blue states.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »

The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 08:22:15 pm »

Dang, I'm toast.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up