The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Choop on January 24, 2010, 07:59:56 am
-
what do you eat for breakfast?
i gave up fried eggs for new year's or something and we've been having fruit salad and english muffins for breakfast lately. papaya, pineapple, and blueberries go very well together.
i've been trying to cut back on coffee but it's tougher than i thought it would be.
-
To be honest, at best, I'll do like Cream of Wheat or something. At best.
Unless someone else makes it for me, like, as a treat.
I am useless in the morning for anything other than putting on clothes and driving toward work.
-
I've been into museli a lot lately, toasted kind generally since I don't have milk with my cereal and untoasted museli is like a shamwow to my saliva. If I'm in a hurry though I'll generally grab a piece of fruit once I get to uni, apples or bananas generally.
-
Weetabix or Bovril on toast when I'm a student, Crunchy Nut cornflakes at home
-
This makes me rethink my normal breakfast of black coffee and filiform papillae. I think I may go eat a grapefruit.
-
During the week it's generally either oatmeal or cereal. I try to have oatmeal three days a week in an effort to battle the ol' cholesterol.
Sometimes on Fridays I will permit myself to stop at Chic-Fil-A or elsewhere on the way to work for something tasty but relatively unhealthy. I loves me some breakfast burritos. I try to avoid that, but I get sucked back in.
I usually cook something up proper at least one day on the weekend. Just this morning, in fact, I made scrambled eggs, and a hash from last night's leftover roast beef, with potatoes, onions, red bell pepper, and a bit of mushrooms. Them's good eatin', and I won't be hungry at lunch time.
-
Slim-fast in a can, chugged as quickly as possible between shouts of "Don't touch that" and "Stop climbing there."
Every. Single. Morning.
-
Slim-fast in a can, chugged as quickly as possible between shouts of "Don't touch that" and "Stop climbing there."
Every. Single. Morning.
thats the american dream.
my breffasts:
not everyday, but when i do eat in the morning, i have a fruit or maybe if there are some yummy leftovers in the fridge. i like cereal, but i dont feel like eating it anymore. on the weekend, i get up late and have scrambled eggs. i like to add onion, garlic, and cheese. then i have it with salsa and some warm tortillas.
and another thing:
slimfast is a cheaper supplement for weightlifting/fitness purposes that is way cheaper than protein powder. it has everything thats in that giant can and you can avoid the douche at GNC trying to upsell you.
-
If I eat breakfast, it's usually a granola bar or two. Or a handful of dry cereal out of the box on the way to work. But 80% of the time I don't eat breakfast.
-
I sleep too late to each breakfast. Sometimes I keep a box of frosted mini wheats in my desk at work which I then eat dry.
-
I have a thyroid condition and sleep late, which means that when I finally do get up, my thyroid meds have to sit in an empty stomach for an hour at least. When I get to work, I make myself a huge mug of green tea thanks to my electric kettle and water filter. At the appointed time, if I'm not swamped with work, I have a mini fridge at work stocked with yogurt and apples. I buy the high-protein granola and sometimes mix that in the yogurt.
I love a proper breakfast though. Eggs scrambled hard, crispy home fries, maybe some coffee. I love coffee, but can only have it like once a month, max. A Creole breakfast with chicory coffee, though, that's the best.
-
Prevacid and a glass of water.
-
Prevacid and a glass of water.
your birth certificate is showing [[wink]]
-
my girlfriend's mother called me "all american" for drinking a huge glass of whole milk for breakfast. I normally don't eat until lunch, though. When I eat breakfast food, it is as a late-night snack.
yesterday we made pigs in a blanket at 4 PM and called it breakfast. that was nice.
-
Slim-fast in a can, chugged as quickly as possible between shouts of "Don't touch that" and "Stop climbing there."
I used to chug something similar for breakfast at the train station on the way to uni when I lived further out, 'Up and Go' breakfast in a... not sure what you'd call them actually. We say 'poppas', one of these: (http://www.woolworths.co.nz/ImageServer/product_images/big/9300652001716.jpg)
Same thing every day, by the end I could taste the individual grains of suspended pseudo-food. Ech. Fruit is better, just as portable and convenient but much more satisfying.
I've never done the hot breakfast thing regularly, I don't think a lot of people do here beyond bacon and eggs once in a while, but that's usually more of a treat (for me at least) than a normal breakfast option. I actually started feeling a bit sick at the idea of breakfast when I was travelling in asia because the breakfast options were almost always hot and fatty which is just not what I'm used to. Though when we slept in and had 'lunch' at 10:30 instead I didn't care so I guess it's mainly psychological.
-
i used to chug slim-fast, after my carnation instant breakfast phase you're gonna love it in an instant
then i switched to oj + english muffin. toaster, closet, toaster, fridge, sink, toaster, door.
telecommuting with off hours is a strange experience, but i know i'm lucky to get breakfast at the kitchen table.
-
I know in England they think they are eating lamb. (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/01/21/Survey-Brits-think-bacon-comes-from-sheep/UPI-40221264104924/)
-
Wow, this thread is like Facebook, but even more boring.
-
:(
-
good breakfast, late lunch, light dinner. snacking is becoming a thing of the past, which is almost a shame because i really like cookies. and doritos.
-
Wow, this thread is like Facebook, but even more boring.
you can make it better, or make it worse.
when i had a job(physically laborious) i had a good small breakfast, a snack at 10(break), lunch at 12, and then another snack when i got home around 3:45. all that movin' and shakin' used up all my caloric input. now that im a 'displaced worker' and a student(night classes), i dont get up as early and i dont use as many calories in my day-to-day activities.
-
I try not to gloat too much, but my workplace provides all manner of cereals, milk, juice, breads & spreads (plus coffee or tea) for no cost. If I want to fry an egg or cook up some bacon I'm out of luck, but for standard carb-heavy brekkie stuff I'm set. I spend my early mornings making breakfast for the family though - usually toast/bagel or sometimes an egg&cheese sandwich if they're in luck.
-
Breakfast is the most annoying meal of the day. I have never been able to come up with a long term solution. Last night while doing the shopping I just gave up on even trying to have healthy breakfasts this week and bought this big cherry cream cheese danish/coffeecake sort of thing at Whole Foods. If you buy it at Whole Foods it must be healthy, right.... ugh. Now I feel kind of queasy. I guess I have learned my lesson.
On the weekends, though, usually on one day we make popovers or buttermilk pancakes with pecans. With that New Orleans coffee. Now that's nice.
-
I try not to gloat too much, but my workplace provides all manner of cereals, milk, juice, breads & spreads (plus coffee or tea) for no cost. If I want to fry an egg or cook up some bacon I'm out of luck, but for standard carb-heavy brekkie stuff I'm set. I spend my early mornings making breakfast for the family though - usually toast/bagel or sometimes an egg&cheese sandwich if they're in luck.
Pedro's office does this, too. Also, he can buy egg-and-cheese muffins and biscuits in the cafe in his building until 9, or he can go two buildings over and get a full-on breakfast buffet.
But then, when you're employed by Fortune's #1 (http://money.cnn.com/video/fortune/2010/01/20/f_bctwf_sas.fortune/) Best Company to Work For,* it just comes with the territory.
(*note to Fortune copywriters: do you think it is rad to end a sentence with a preposition?)
-
do you think it is rad to end a sentence with a preposition?)
I DO.
Don't get me started. I am currently dealing with a copyeditor who thinks that all instances of "like" should be replaced by "as if," and that a narrator who speaks throughout a book in a colloquial style would use the words "nor" and "whom." WHOM. I am enjoying speaking ENGLISH, please, so LEAVE THE LANGUAGE THE FUCK ALONE.
I'd say that maybe I'd be able to deal with this more cheerfully if I'd had a decent breakfast, but it was just as annoying last night.
-
Ending sentences with prepositions is fucked up.
-
I DO.
Don't get me started. I am currently dealing with a copyeditor who thinks that all instances of "like" should be replaced by "as if," and that a narrator who speaks throughout a book in a colloquial style would use the words "nor" and "whom." WHOM. I am enjoying speaking ENGLISH, please, so LEAVE THE LANGUAGE THE FUCK ALONE.
I'd say that maybe I'd be able to deal with this more cheerfully if I'd had a decent breakfast, but it was just as annoying last night.
I respect the fact that spoken language, fiction and colloquial text (message board posting, blogging, etc) does not need to follow the same, often excessively formal-sounding rules as nonfiction. But I do think that journalists at well-known national periodicals should conform to a higher standard of grammatical rigorousness.
That's probably just me, tho.
-
You really think that "Fortune's Best Company For Which To Work" sounds better?
-
You really think that "Fortune's Best Company For Which To Work" sounds better?
Fortune's Big List of Kick-Ass Places to Work, Bitches
-
Fortune's Big List of Kick-Ass Places to Work, Bitches
Yeah, see?
I would have suggested "Fortune's 100 Most Employee-Friendly Workplaces," but Cort's is much better.
-
...I do think that journalists at well-known national periodicals should conform to a higher standard of grammatical rigorousness.
*rigor.
-
Heh, too many syllables, not enough brains.
-
Where's the library at, asshole?
-
you rite good
-
Clif Bar on the way to the gym. Then a recovery banana after the gym.
-
Clif Bar on the way to the gym. Then a recovery banana after the gym.
FYI neither of these foods are suppository, though the pick-me-up element of utilizing them as such is certainly evident from your avatar
-
That's news to me.
I've been misguided in re: recovery banana.
-
When I have time to cook:
Breakfast burrito containing the following (mainly frozen) things:
- high fiber tortillas
- veggie sausage
- potatoes o'brien
- southwest vegetable medley
- egg beaters
It is tasty, fibrous, and good for the cholesterol even if it contains many fake ingredients. When I don't have the time to cook I get a breakfast combo burrito from the food service truck at work, which contains real sausage, bacon, cheese, eggs, and hash browns.
Waking up late shortens my life, but tastes SO GOOD.