The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: dejavroom on January 29, 2010, 05:10:35 pm

Title: I miss achewood
Post by: dejavroom on January 29, 2010, 05:10:35 pm
I really do. Why can't it be just like 2004 again? what's this thing about 700+ pay-only strips? Why can't we be like we used to baby?

=/

(half-assed rant brought by spending yesterday poring through 3 years of strips and realizing how much I miss a steady flow of these knuckleheads' shenanigans; one of these days I'll get meself a credit card and fix things for good)

Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 29, 2010, 05:14:03 pm
No updates to the subscriber stream since Friday's strip, based on the preview box on Achewood.com.  No note promising Tomorrow Chicken or blog updates.

Maybe Chris Onstad fell down a well.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 29, 2010, 06:11:00 pm
 Chris Onstad  I have been lacto-ovo vegan for two days! Gone are the headaches, farting, and myopic worldview!
January 21 at 6:00pm · Comment · Like

 Chris Onstad  Today was another successful lacto-ovo vegan day. A very light pizza margherita for lunch, and grilled vegetable quesadillas for dinner! Tomorrow's going to be my first day as a lacto-carni-vegan, as we are having charcuterie and Raclette for dinner.
January 22 at 9:21pm · Comment · Like
---------------

And then radio silence. lacto-ovo veganism killed our funnyman.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2010, 06:18:47 pm
He's turned into Pat.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: JorgeFabregas on January 29, 2010, 06:29:30 pm
I think the charcuterie killed him.

Ovo-lacto vegan is a joke, people. He is making a joke. If you can call it that.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Turbo Ninja on January 29, 2010, 06:31:12 pm
lacto-ovo veganism killed our funnyman.

It looks like our victim...

(http://wwwimage.cbs.com/cms/files/images/primetime/csi_miami/bio/csi_miami_david_caruso_240.jpg)

...really SHOULD have minded his eggs and milk.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 29, 2010, 07:23:39 pm
turbo ninja wins a thousand million billion internets
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: robot_god on January 29, 2010, 10:24:26 pm
I though the Daisy Owl board could act as a substitute but then that shit updates just as infrequently.  So I had to replace my internet entertainment with shit like youtube and leenks.com.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: jay-ell on January 29, 2010, 10:28:49 pm
I think this is the main reason I read Questionable Content. It updates daily, rain or shine. Sure, it's sometimes lacking in the lulz department, but at least there's SOMETHING, you know?
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 29, 2010, 11:11:25 pm
Yeah well remember there was a hundred day arc where everyone was yelling at him (the word glacial was used a lot) and he essentially said fuck it and claimed he was moving to shorter arcs, more often. The Lash of Thanatos, I fear, was the end of achewood as we knew it. For his sake, I hope his current lapse is due to trying to find a new job.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Chump Change on January 29, 2010, 11:39:04 pm
I think this is the main reason I read Questionable Content. It updates daily, rain or shine. Sure, it's sometimes lacking in the lulz department, but at least there's SOMETHING, you know?

Strips that update 7 days a week:

http://www.superosity.com/ (http://www.superosity.com/)
http://www.smbc-comics.com/ (http://www.smbc-comics.com/)
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: AugustWest on January 29, 2010, 11:58:18 pm
Philippe has been standing on it for a loooong time now. A lot of fun has been had in developing the current cast, but how much further can it go? You can only add so many neat side characters, but how much does that help when dealing with founders stock that has maybe gone stale?

Might ought could steal from the lessons of broadcast sitcom and add a cute child character and limp along another 24 - 36 episodes, but that doesn't really help.

It's a tough spot, as Achewood is the paying gig, but 'Stad might be better served developmentally with other pastures.

Brief Synopsis of above: That's right Chochachos, I'm saying that maybe it's all at the end of it's run.

And that is Okay.

[I am willing to be surprised and proven quite wrong]

You said it, Cap'n.  You said it exactly right.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Chump Change on January 30, 2010, 01:55:04 am
If Onstad wrote a novel, I would buy it.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 30, 2010, 06:10:48 am
I sure could go for a Fuck You Friday, even.

Maybe make it a "FUCK YEAH! FRIDAY".

I should sure go for a Fuck Yeah! Friday.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Drygioni on January 31, 2010, 02:58:28 am
Achewood use dto be awesome. I loved it.

Bu it has sowly grown less appealing.

Why sis that?

I do not know

I find all webcomcics less pealing.

Why si tha?

I don not know.

>?!?!
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: oball on February 01, 2010, 02:59:05 am
Maybe Chris Onstad fell down a well.

lacto-ovo veganism killed our funnyman.

I think the charcuterie killed him.


Quote from: Achewood Twitter
Rumors of my death greatly exaggerated. Week of migraines and rain. New Achewood strip up at long last.

"No one would have believed in the first months of the new decade that this forum was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as posters busied themselves about their various complaints they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water."
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: AugustWest on February 01, 2010, 03:02:01 am
Quote
Rumors of my death greatly exaggerated.

So does Onstad have a huge writer-boner for Mark Twain or what?

NTTAWWT.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Cioran on February 01, 2010, 03:25:44 am
Man lives in Portland. I'm there now, and it's an orbit or two more interesting than Lakewood or any other 98% of "California". He's gathering compost for his garden of comedy. You whining cunts.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: AugustWest on February 01, 2010, 03:36:10 am
Ah, piss off you sanctimonious fuck.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: Cioran on February 01, 2010, 03:43:12 am
Take away a tiny can of Dr. Pepper from me. That will ease the hatred in your heart.
Title: Re: I miss achewood
Post by: dejavroom on February 01, 2010, 11:04:51 am
Cioran is Onstad. So busted.