Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I miss achewood  (Read 4537 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
I miss achewood
« on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »

I really do. Why can't it be just like 2004 again? what's this thing about 700+ pay-only strips? Why can't we be like we used to baby?

=/

(half-assed rant brought by spending yesterday poring through 3 years of strips and realizing how much I miss a steady flow of these knuckleheads' shenanigans; one of these days I'll get meself a credit card and fix things for good)

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »

No updates to the subscriber stream since Friday's strip, based on the preview box on Achewood.com.  No note promising Tomorrow Chicken or blog updates.

Maybe Chris Onstad fell down a well.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »

 Chris Onstad  I have been lacto-ovo vegan for two days! Gone are the headaches, farting, and myopic worldview!
January 21 at 6:00pm · Comment · Like

 Chris Onstad  Today was another successful lacto-ovo vegan day. A very light pizza margherita for lunch, and grilled vegetable quesadillas for dinner! Tomorrow's going to be my first day as a lacto-carni-vegan, as we are having charcuterie and Raclette for dinner.
January 22 at 9:21pm · Comment · Like
---------------

And then radio silence. lacto-ovo veganism killed our funnyman.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:18:47 pm »

He's turned into Pat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:29:30 pm »

I think the charcuterie killed him.

Ovo-lacto vegan is a joke, people. He is making a joke. If you can call it that.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 06:31:12 pm »

lacto-ovo veganism killed our funnyman.

It looks like our victim...



...really SHOULD have minded his eggs and milk.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 07:23:39 pm »

turbo ninja wins a thousand million billion internets
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:24:26 pm »

I though the Daisy Owl board could act as a substitute but then that shit updates just as infrequently.  So I had to replace my internet entertainment with shit like youtube and leenks.com.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:28:49 pm »

I think this is the main reason I read Questionable Content. It updates daily, rain or shine. Sure, it's sometimes lacking in the lulz department, but at least there's SOMETHING, you know?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:11:25 pm »

Yeah well remember there was a hundred day arc where everyone was yelling at him (the word glacial was used a lot) and he essentially said fuck it and claimed he was moving to shorter arcs, more often. The Lash of Thanatos, I fear, was the end of achewood as we knew it. For his sake, I hope his current lapse is due to trying to find a new job.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 11:39:04 pm »

I think this is the main reason I read Questionable Content. It updates daily, rain or shine. Sure, it's sometimes lacking in the lulz department, but at least there's SOMETHING, you know?

Strips that update 7 days a week:

http://www.superosity.com/
http://www.smbc-comics.com/
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 11:58:18 pm »

Philippe has been standing on it for a loooong time now. A lot of fun has been had in developing the current cast, but how much further can it go? You can only add so many neat side characters, but how much does that help when dealing with founders stock that has maybe gone stale?

Might ought could steal from the lessons of broadcast sitcom and add a cute child character and limp along another 24 - 36 episodes, but that doesn't really help.

It's a tough spot, as Achewood is the paying gig, but 'Stad might be better served developmentally with other pastures.

Brief Synopsis of above: That's right Chochachos, I'm saying that maybe it's all at the end of it's run.

And that is Okay.

[I am willing to be surprised and proven quite wrong]

You said it, Cap'n.  You said it exactly right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 01:55:04 am »

If Onstad wrote a novel, I would buy it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 06:10:48 am »

I sure could go for a Fuck You Friday, even.

Maybe make it a "FUCK YEAH! FRIDAY".

I should sure go for a Fuck Yeah! Friday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I miss achewood
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 02:58:28 am »

Achewood use dto be awesome. I loved it.

Bu it has sowly grown less appealing.

Why sis that?

I do not know

I find all webcomcics less pealing.

Why si tha?

I don not know.

>?!?!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up