The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: miles on February 18, 2010, 03:59:08 am
-
weird-smalltown-deaths
In 5th grade a classmate hanged himself (we were assured it wasn't suicide), just before 7th grade a former classmate burned to death in a horrific automobile accident and in 8th grade a 9th grade student at my school died of auto-erotic asphyxia.
I didn't grow up in a small town and this has nothing to do with what I did today, but these are my thoughts after you reading your post, drinking beer and listening to Chris Knox in the dark.
-
507 in my HS class, 100 in college.
two of a set of jamaican triplets, and two friends of theirs, drove drunk off a mountain road my junior year of college. that was rough dealings.
-
Same thing could happen in a small town, but with teh meth.
-
The other day my good friend was summoned to be on the jury for the murder of an 21 month old child in Baltimore. The boy's mother had joined a cult and they starved the kid to death because they thought he was a demon, then kept the body in a suitcase for more than a year.
-
Somebody let me know when this line of discussion is over. I can't look.
-
Yesterday a man was arrested near Houston for throwing a baby out of the window of his car while crossing a bridge over a river. They still haven't recovered the baby's body.
-
Oy. Time to split this thread, perhaps?
-
Yesterday a man was arrested near Houston for throwing a baby out of the window of his car while crossing a bridge over a river. They still haven't recovered the baby's body.
Is it bad sign that the first thing I thought of was the ringer-tossing scene from The Big Lebowski?
-
Split it to "soul sucking examples of inhumanity in the news"
-
Is it bad sign that the first thing I thought of was the ringer-tossing scene from The Big Lebowski?
Yes.
Is it bad that I chuckled after reading your post?
Somebody let me know when this line of discussion is over. I can't look.
Sorry. I didn't mean to start it.
-
My paternal grandfather committed suicide (sadly this is not weird or even uncommon) and in the less-than a year afterward my paternal grandmother (a gambling addict) and aunt died in an automobile accident (on the way back from a casino, at night) when her car spun out on the frozen entrails of a deer. Previous to this my paternal uncle either died by suicide (by vehicle) or was killed in a car accident (depending on who's story you want to believe). This means, of my fathers side of the family, not a single member has died by natural causes in my life time. All that are left alive are one uncle and my dad. I sometimes wonder if some odd fate will befall either of them, just to sort of continue the pattern.
-
In college we had some high brass army person come and talk. He arrived in these giant helicopters that landed in the soccer field. The helicopter low altitude fly over the entrance road of campus was so distracting a dude couldn't keep his eyes off of it while he was driving. His car sped into a tree and burst into flames.
His big school memorial service was exactly a minute before I had to deliver a comic interpretation of Asian US bond holdings.