Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344016 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6915 on: February 18, 2010, 03:23:09 am »

I graduated 4th outta... 84, I think? Somewhere in the low 80s.

We started off with about 100. Between knock-ups and drop-outs and hold-back and weird-smalltown-deaths, we closed out in the low 80s.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6916 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:28 am »

I wanna play too!

87 in my high school class, around 4,000 for the B.A., 19 for the A.S.

Christian school (but an aberration, classes before and after ours were 20 students larger at least), state college, and tech school with new classes every month, respectively.  All in all I don't think I'd have traded them.

Today I got my first non-holiday-related vacation in three years approved.  Now I have to figure out what the heck to do with 11 days off in April.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6917 on: February 18, 2010, 08:17:39 am »

hm.

130-140 in my HS class. 1600 or so in my upcoming graduating class.

No one I know died while I was in school. Or, I mean, no one I knew from school died while I was in school with them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6918 on: February 18, 2010, 08:50:01 am »

180 in HS, at least 1500 in my bach. science, not completely sure because they do a few courses together.
There were 440 people in my current degree at the start of last year, I think we've lost about 10 or 15 over the last year, so we'll see how that goes.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6919 on: February 19, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »

Don't just shorten your URL, make it suspicious and frightening.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6920 on: February 19, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6922 on: February 21, 2010, 03:02:16 pm »

Last night I heard Dude and Catastrophe performed live.

And some other songs, too. I know not everyone digs MC Frontalot, but for those who do, he played 3 songs from his forthcoming album, and they were good.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6923 on: February 21, 2010, 04:49:25 pm »

Discover why Wombat hates me.

"The WOMBLES (White Overalls Movement Building Libertarian Effective Struggles) [lolwut?] are a loosely aligned anarchist and anti-capitalist group based in London. They gained prominence in the early 2000s for wearing white overalls with padding and helmets at protests, mimicking the Italian group Tute Bianche."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOMBLES
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6924 on: February 21, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »

What I really hate are idiotic acronyms. Grrr.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6925 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »

is the appropriate response to a woman saying "i hate feminism" something like "why should I care what some cunt thinks about feminism?"

I am having a hard time seeing why it isn't. WAIT, YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE YOUR OPINIONS SERIOUSLY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A WOMAN? WHAT GIVES!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6926 on: February 21, 2010, 10:13:25 pm »

is the appropriate response to a woman saying "i hate feminism" something like "why should I care what some cunt thinks about feminism?"

I am having a hard time seeing why it isn't. WAIT, YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE YOUR OPINIONS SERIOUSLY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A WOMAN? WHAT GIVES!

you are no longer allowed to visit this website.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6927 on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:13 pm »

is the appropriate response to a woman saying "i hate feminism" something like "why should I care what some cunt thinks about feminism?"

I am having a hard time seeing why it isn't. WAIT, YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE YOUR OPINIONS SERIOUSLY, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE A WOMAN? WHAT GIVES!

My brain just cannot parse this. Why would a woman ever say that she hates feminism? Like in a million years? YEAH, BUFFY, I TOTALLY HATE BEING ABLE TO VOTE AND OWN PROPERTY.

What a moron. Jesus.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6928 on: February 22, 2010, 12:04:10 am »

oh, no, it is more of a thing about how feminism has accomplished its goals, and now feminists are just complainers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6929 on: February 22, 2010, 12:44:59 am »

Discover why Wombat hates me.

"The WOMBLES (White Overalls Movement Building Libertarian Effective Struggles) [lolwut?] are a loosely aligned anarchist and anti-capitalist group based in London. They gained prominence in the early 2000s for wearing white overalls with padding and helmets at protests, mimicking the Italian group Tute Bianche."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOMBLES
You don't know the half of it.
It goes so much deeper.

Incidentally I just saw a movie last night where a guy cheated and he is an unmitigated bastard and a woman cheated and it was a lesson to her husband about how you have to love the whole person, even their flaws. Luckily the girl I went to see it with started talking about how it was the worst movie she had ever seen before I did so we got to bitch it out together, it was a beautiful bonding experience.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 878   Go Up