The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on February 22, 2010, 11:48:54 pm

Title: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 22, 2010, 11:48:54 pm
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/phone
Yeah that about sums it up nicely.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 23, 2010, 12:39:51 am
those comics are radical!
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: Toaster on February 23, 2010, 01:39:37 am
http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/baboon_dildo
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: Chump Change on February 24, 2010, 09:53:04 pm
http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/baboon_dildo

I've wondered the answer to this question all my life.

Now I am ready.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 25, 2010, 01:15:03 am
(http://theoatmeal.com/img/quizzes/generated/6_28_baboons.jpg)
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2010, 01:34:33 am
Dang, I could only take 4.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2010, 01:39:59 am
My score was 26, which was a surprise given some of my wimpy answers. Maybe because I thought it wasn't fair that the quiz gave no credit for experience with non-human primates, so I said "yes" to whether I could kick the head off a fast moving baboon. I figured that was the only question that came close.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: jay-ell on February 25, 2010, 02:21:45 am
35, somehow?

Probably because, though I've never been in a physical fight, I imagine I would, in fact, punch better with the smell of blood in the air.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 25, 2010, 06:01:35 pm
this is like that discussion-inducing question: how many 5 year olds could you take?  literally, as in a fist fight..... its strange and complicated because of how we esteem children in society.  but at the same time, interesting to look at the situation without that aspect.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: side_show on February 26, 2010, 05:04:52 pm
Apparently I could take 38 baboons in a fight.  The quizz failed to ask me an important question though - Have you ever been to  the Enchanted Monkey Forrest? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/side_show/sets/72157594401934514/)  Yes.  Yes I have.  I understand that macaques and baboons are not the same, but I did help out a friend when one of the macaques stole her glasses.  It was a pretty astonishing set of events that taught me primates are speedy, crafty, and have much sharper teeth than one would suspect.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 26, 2010, 06:24:10 pm
a clever person would make punny joke employing the ol' 'macaque-sounds-like-my-cock' idea.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: jaydub on February 26, 2010, 08:01:45 pm
(http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/AE/AE1CA65A-868A-418A-85BC-CF0B3AA25C61/Presentation.Medium/Male-hamadryas-baboon-in-threat-display.jpg)
Even taking down one of those bad boys would be a stroke of luck.  40lbs of muscle and attitude.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: jay-ell on February 26, 2010, 08:03:37 pm
40lbs of muscle and attitude.

That's how I describe my two-year-old.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: AugustWest on February 26, 2010, 08:43:51 pm
40lbs of muscle and attitude.

That's how I describe my c*ck.
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: jay-ell on February 26, 2010, 09:16:21 pm
That's how I describe my c*ck.

*faints*
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: jaydub on February 26, 2010, 10:00:06 pm
That's how I describe my c*ck.
He'll (http://cdn1.arkive.org/media/0B/0B8D0479-6688-48AB-8C7E-5F70F2FD1C40/Presentation.Medium/Male-hamadryas-baboon-with-erect-c*ck.jpg) see your cock and raise you a bone.
(NSFW?)
Title: Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 26, 2010, 10:01:38 pm
(http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/AE/AE1CA65A-868A-418A-85BC-CF0B3AA25C61/Presentation.Medium/Male-hamadryas-baboon-in-threat-display.jpg)
Even taking down one of those bad boys would be a stroke of luck.  40lbs of muscle and attitude.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Some people might be able to keep one at bay, but a second would be virtually impossible.