Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone  (Read 5052 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:54 pm »

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/phone
Yeah that about sums it up nicely.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:39:51 am »

those comics are radical!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

http://theoatmeal.com/quiz/baboon_dildo

I've wondered the answer to this question all my life.

Now I am ready.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:15:03 am »


Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:34:33 am »

Dang, I could only take 4.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 01:39:59 am »

My score was 26, which was a surprise given some of my wimpy answers. Maybe because I thought it wasn't fair that the quiz gave no credit for experience with non-human primates, so I said "yes" to whether I could kick the head off a fast moving baboon. I figured that was the only question that came close.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 02:21:45 am »

35, somehow?

Probably because, though I've never been in a physical fight, I imagine I would, in fact, punch better with the smell of blood in the air.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 06:01:35 pm »

this is like that discussion-inducing question: how many 5 year olds could you take?  literally, as in a fist fight..... its strange and complicated because of how we esteem children in society.  but at the same time, interesting to look at the situation without that aspect.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 05:04:52 pm »

Apparently I could take 38 baboons in a fight.  The quizz failed to ask me an important question though - Have you ever been to the Enchanted Monkey Forrest?  Yes.  Yes I have.  I understand that macaques and baboons are not the same, but I did help out a friend when one of the macaques stole her glasses.  It was a pretty astonishing set of events that taught me primates are speedy, crafty, and have much sharper teeth than one would suspect.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 06:24:10 pm »

a clever person would make punny joke employing the ol' 'macaque-sounds-like-my-cock' idea.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »


Even taking down one of those bad boys would be a stroke of luck.  40lbs of muscle and attitude.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »

40lbs of muscle and attitude.

That's how I describe my two-year-old.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:51 pm »

40lbs of muscle and attitude.

That's how I describe my c*ck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 09:16:21 pm »

That's how I describe my c*ck.

*faints*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up