The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on March 11, 2010, 01:15:22 am

Title: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: CortJstr on March 11, 2010, 01:15:22 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102010

The bottom 3 panels were the best part for my money. I'd like to see Philippe call out the recession. Take things outside.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: jay-ell on March 11, 2010, 01:20:44 am
When Teodor mentioned Ray's invention, my first thought was, "Gross, that would make the franks taste like cigars."

Good to know I have the mental capacity of a five-year-old.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: robot_god on March 11, 2010, 02:52:50 am
"Gross, that would make the franks taste like cigars."

Ehhh, I think the real problem is making cigars taste like hot dogs.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Choop on March 11, 2010, 04:34:29 am
i'm guessing anybody who buys it for either purpose won't bother with the other.


i like where this story seems to be headed.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 11, 2010, 05:10:57 am
Life for Phillipe ain't nothin' but britches and money, apparently.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 11, 2010, 05:24:10 am
(http://www.decadentlifestyle.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/warriors-come-out-and-play.jpg)

"recession!  come out to play-ay!"
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: AugustWest on March 11, 2010, 01:50:52 pm
(http://www.decadentlifestyle.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/warriors-come-out-and-play.jpg)

"recession!  come out to play-ay!"

You get a can, Warrior.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: lprkn on March 11, 2010, 03:33:14 pm
Wow, I finally watched that movie last week. I enjoyed it, too.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: side_show on March 11, 2010, 04:13:47 pm
What movie is that?

The sausage warmer looks like a win to me.  It's dripless afterall, and that's what you want when in an auto.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: jaydub on March 11, 2010, 05:00:24 pm
What movie is that?

The Warriors (1979) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/)
That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 11, 2010, 05:17:40 pm
I'm pretty sure The Warriors was the first Rated R movie I ever saw.  The kid across the street had HBO (when HBO was crazy and new), and we watched The Warriors when his parents weren't home, thinking we were being all bad-ass.  I would have been 9 or 10.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 11, 2010, 07:20:27 pm

The Warriors (1979) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/)
That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.

That movie is so Xeno-phony.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: pmcd9 on March 11, 2010, 08:13:32 pm
The Warriors is such a great movie.  I love it.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Dangermoose on March 11, 2010, 09:10:31 pm
The otter employed the universal gesture for "Yes, I would like to make a local cable commercial."
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: jaydub on March 11, 2010, 10:05:18 pm
That would be a fist with the left and a pointing finger with the right?
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Dangermoose on March 11, 2010, 11:00:11 pm
Hell yeah.  The fist conveys confidence, the finger enthusiasm.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Chump Change on March 11, 2010, 11:53:57 pm
Teodor can be a pretty weak dude, but he really shows his best stuff in some of these Philippe stories.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: miles on March 12, 2010, 01:49:33 am
I'm pretty sure The Warriors was the first Rated R movie I ever saw.  The kid across the street had HBO (when HBO was crazy and new), and we watched The Warriors when his parents weren't home, thinking we were being all bad-ass.  I would have been 9 or 10.

Oh hell yeah. I totally remember seeing boobs on HBO at that age at my friend's house. Also, looking through his dad's stacks of Playboys, which he only subscribed to for the articles, my friend assured me.

That would be a fist with the left and a pointing finger with the right?

That makes sense. I just thought Onstad forgot to draw fingers on the left hand.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: sailor on March 12, 2010, 10:09:38 pm

The Warriors (1979) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/)
That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.

Dude, the soundtrack. The Warriors theme. Plays in my head when I've having a crazy good day.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: side_show on March 12, 2010, 10:24:14 pm
How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: pmcd9 on March 13, 2010, 12:44:09 am
How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 

It's a really fun movie.  Gritty NYC in the shattered 70s.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: miles on March 13, 2010, 12:49:49 am
How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 

I think for quite a while it fell off the radar, and then a couple of years back or so it started to gain popularity again among the general public. Was it a video game or something? I haven't seen it, but it's in my queue.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: jaydub on March 13, 2010, 12:59:27 am
Oh, yeah... they made an XBox360 version in 2008.  My brother and I went to a video game expo in SF and it was kind of the featured title.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2010, 01:59:41 am
Oh, yeah... they made an XBox360 version in 2008.  My brother and I went to a video game expo in SF and it was kind of the featured title.

Spike started showing the movie a lot the year or so before the game came out, but I suspect that was just a long-term marketing move.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 13, 2010, 02:09:32 am
the Warriors video game is made by the dudes who make GTA: Whatever.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Choop on March 13, 2010, 04:22:49 am
wasn't that the prequel to GTA: Meh
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: CortJstr on March 13, 2010, 04:35:38 am
GTA: Stories About a Place, Maybe?
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: Lister on March 13, 2010, 10:33:14 am
CAAAAAAN YOOOOOOUUUU DIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?

I think the Rockstar game was the wrong game.  I think the right game would have been playing as a gang leader trying to rebuild the alliance and fill the power vacuum.
Title: Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 13, 2010, 10:40:11 pm
CAAAAAAN YOOOOOOUUUU DIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?

I think the Rockstar game was the wrong game.  I think the right game would have been playing as a gang leader trying to rebuild the alliance and fill the power vacuum.

word to your mother