Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!  (Read 6323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:00:11 pm »

Hell yeah.  The fist conveys confidence, the finger enthusiasm.
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:53:57 pm »

Teodor can be a pretty weak dude, but he really shows his best stuff in some of these Philippe stories.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 01:49:33 am »

I'm pretty sure The Warriors was the first Rated R movie I ever saw.  The kid across the street had HBO (when HBO was crazy and new), and we watched The Warriors when his parents weren't home, thinking we were being all bad-ass.  I would have been 9 or 10.

Oh hell yeah. I totally remember seeing boobs on HBO at that age at my friend's house. Also, looking through his dad's stacks of Playboys, which he only subscribed to for the articles, my friend assured me.

That would be a fist with the left and a pointing finger with the right?

That makes sense. I just thought Onstad forgot to draw fingers on the left hand.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 10:09:38 pm »


The Warriors (1979)

That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.

Dude, the soundtrack. The Warriors theme. Plays in my head when I've having a crazy good day.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »

How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 12:44:09 am »

How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 

It's a really fun movie.  Gritty NYC in the shattered 70s.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 12:49:49 am »

How odd that I've never heard of this movie before.  I'm usually a pop culture maven. 

I think for quite a while it fell off the radar, and then a couple of years back or so it started to gain popularity again among the general public. Was it a video game or something? I haven't seen it, but it's in my queue.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 12:59:27 am »

Oh, yeah... they made an XBox360 version in 2008.  My brother and I went to a video game expo in SF and it was kind of the featured title.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 01:59:41 am »

Oh, yeah... they made an XBox360 version in 2008.  My brother and I went to a video game expo in SF and it was kind of the featured title.

Spike started showing the movie a lot the year or so before the game came out, but I suspect that was just a long-term marketing move.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 02:09:32 am »

the Warriors video game is made by the dudes who make GTA: Whatever.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 04:22:49 am »

wasn't that the prequel to GTA: Meh
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 04:35:38 am »

GTA: Stories About a Place, Maybe?
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:14 am »

CAAAAAAN YOOOOOOUUUU DIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?

I think the Rockstar game was the wrong game.  I think the right game would have been playing as a gang leader trying to rebuild the alliance and fill the power vacuum.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 10:40:11 pm »

CAAAAAAN YOOOOOOUUUU DIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT?

I think the Rockstar game was the wrong game.  I think the right game would have been playing as a gang leader trying to rebuild the alliance and fill the power vacuum.

word to your mother
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up