The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on March 26, 2010, 11:57:43 pm

Title: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: wombat on March 26, 2010, 11:57:43 pm
He has enough money to go home to his mom! No!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03262010 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03262010)
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: CortJstr on March 27, 2010, 12:24:59 am
Isn't panel 6 what everybody is thinking all the time?
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 27, 2010, 01:15:25 am
I... I think I'm going to tell my significant other that she's a security guard tonight.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: dejavroom on March 27, 2010, 01:23:40 am
Is that a plot forming up in the last panel? I dig the potential drama.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: theinevitable on March 27, 2010, 01:30:52 am
yeah, I was just thinking, does onstad have like a video camera in my bedroom.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 27, 2010, 03:19:27 am
Achewood: Vol 2 explains that Philippe was (mostly) shipped to Onstad because of irresponsible eBay selling on the otter's mother's part. There was no money to pay for a return ticket because Onstad and Phillipe pooled their savings for an emergency trip to the vet. It is interesting that Onstad is referring to this in a proper strip. Although the plot twist works just fine without knowing the nitty-gritties.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 27, 2010, 04:50:12 am
Hmmm, the potential of Philippe going back home...IT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN!

what did you do to deserve that?
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: Doc on March 27, 2010, 06:15:12 am
If Onstad were to start winding this whole thing down keep writing awesome Achewood strips forever, would Phillipe going home be a totally crazy place to start?

Edited in deference to our admin's delicate sensibilities.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: wombat on March 27, 2010, 01:50:28 pm
Doc SHUT UP. I swear I almost misused my awesome powers to delete that post.

(I had the exact same thought.)
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: linnea on March 27, 2010, 10:53:55 pm
Nooooooooo!

But I guess it has been what, seven years? Oh my god, he started this shit back in '01. It's been nine years.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 28, 2010, 12:16:31 am
achewood is soon going to be a decade old.  maybe its about time to have the talk...
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: Choop on March 28, 2010, 04:02:04 am
hey come on it's only been 8 1/2 years my aunt had a pet otter what lived to be twenty-one


(shouldn't philippe be fifteen by now)
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: Chump Change on March 28, 2010, 04:46:16 am
(http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022007 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022007)

Nope.)
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: Lister on March 28, 2010, 07:09:02 am
I like the golf shirt and logo Philippe is wearing in panel 6.

Achewood is topical.
Title: Re: SAY YOU'RE A SECURITY GUARD! SAY IT! 3-26-10
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 28, 2010, 07:15:08 am
As is Rogaine!