The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: linear on June 11, 2010, 10:48:09 am

Title: micro culture
Post by: linear on June 11, 2010, 10:48:09 am
this thread is for discussing songs and authors and stuff that no one has ever heard of before.  Let's give a big "fuck you" to popular culture.  Let's throw pennies at mass production hitch hiking there on the side of the road while we drive past it without even slowing down.

Does your friend write some poems, but is only self-published in a few dozen books she printed herself?  Does your cat play the keyboard, but hasn't hit it big on you tube?  Let's see some of that matieral.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: AugustWest on June 11, 2010, 12:58:37 pm
Why don't you start?
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 11, 2010, 01:38:01 pm
Mr. Wonderful, I plan on an exceptional weekend to reward some exceptional performance this week. I look forward to more of your entertainment.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: AugustWest on June 11, 2010, 02:26:28 pm
(http://soundwaves.usgs.gov/2002/11/viablecount.jpg)

Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 11, 2010, 02:52:54 pm
some thugrock and random central PA scene bands:

Those Who Remain
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
25 Ta Life
Mario Speedwagon
E-Town Concrete
Whole Wheat Bread
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: CortJstr on June 11, 2010, 02:55:37 pm
The only PA bands I can name off the top of my heard are The Martians, The Martini Bros, and Adam Brodsky. But I don't know if any of them are still active.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 11, 2010, 03:16:47 pm
The only PA bands I can name off the top of my heard are The Martians, The Martini Bros, and Adam Brodsky. But I don't know if any of them are still active.

i suppose most performers/musicians that are or have been  popular that are from PA never stayed in PA.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: Mr Trout on June 11, 2010, 06:29:44 pm
I saw this lady open for a friend of a friend at a tiny local restaurant/bar maybe 6 months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFUgyj3MJH0&feature=related
She was pretty great.

A friend of mine is the guitarist in this band: http://www.myspace.com/thenewflesh
I have a softspot for this kind of hardcore I guess.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: Ruta Bagas on August 07, 2010, 08:16:16 pm
Nobody knows enough about the Excessive Mental Entrepreneurs.
Title: Re: micro culture
Post by: Mr Trout on August 08, 2010, 08:29:23 am
I sure don't! Do you have a link to your favorite song?

I love the Rapdragons (http://www.myspace.com/rapdragons). So Badass.