Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: micro culture  (Read 2241 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
micro culture
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:48:09 am »

this thread is for discussing songs and authors and stuff that no one has ever heard of before.  Let's give a big "fuck you" to popular culture.  Let's throw pennies at mass production hitch hiking there on the side of the road while we drive past it without even slowing down.

Does your friend write some poems, but is only self-published in a few dozen books she printed herself?  Does your cat play the keyboard, but hasn't hit it big on you tube?  Let's see some of that matieral.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:58:37 pm »

Why don't you start?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:38:01 pm »

Mr. Wonderful, I plan on an exceptional weekend to reward some exceptional performance this week. I look forward to more of your entertainment.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:26:28 pm »



Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: micro culture
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »

some thugrock and random central PA scene bands:

Those Who Remain
Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
25 Ta Life
Mario Speedwagon
E-Town Concrete
Whole Wheat Bread
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:37 pm »

The only PA bands I can name off the top of my heard are The Martians, The Martini Bros, and Adam Brodsky. But I don't know if any of them are still active.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: micro culture
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:47 pm »

The only PA bands I can name off the top of my heard are The Martians, The Martini Bros, and Adam Brodsky. But I don't know if any of them are still active.

i suppose most performers/musicians that are or have been  popular that are from PA never stayed in PA.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:29:44 pm »

I saw this lady open for a friend of a friend at a tiny local restaurant/bar maybe 6 months ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFUgyj3MJH0&feature=related
She was pretty great.

A friend of mine is the guitarist in this band: http://www.myspace.com/thenewflesh
I have a softspot for this kind of hardcore I guess.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: micro culture
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:16:16 pm »

Nobody knows enough about the Excessive Mental Entrepreneurs.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: micro culture
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:29:23 am »

I sure don't! Do you have a link to your favorite song?

I love the Rapdragons. So Badass.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up