The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on June 28, 2010, 11:29:43 am

Title: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: wombat on June 28, 2010, 11:29:43 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06282010 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06282010)

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I'm confused.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2010, 12:51:41 pm
Yeah.  Me too.

Is Nice Pete imagining it?  Does the shadow represent the part of his personality what does the killin'?  And what about that troublesome rear-view mirror?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Doc on June 28, 2010, 01:59:34 pm
I'm calling homicidal magic realism.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Dangermoose on June 28, 2010, 03:39:29 pm
You know, I was thinkin with the mirror problem that what we had here might be an unreliable narrator.  I stand corrected.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 28, 2010, 04:20:29 pm
I suspect Onstad doesn't quite know how to conclude this.  I could be wrong, though.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: smick on June 28, 2010, 04:31:47 pm
The aged homosexual cat rouses from stupor, but is careful to only peek, to suss his survival options.

This aged homosexual cat has the wisdom of years.  You would do well to watch his next actions.   One does not simply become a wise aged homosexual cat from only experiencing mutual tuggings behind a Denny's.   The aged homosexual cat has other EDUCATION.

The murderous homosexual cat's mind is wandering as he drives.   The author appreciates his secret smile.

Finally:  The bleeding sexually awkward teddy bear continues to bleed, and be sexually awkward universally.   
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 28, 2010, 06:04:34 pm
I am quite surprised that Onstad has stopped writing jokes and is writing erotica now.

Not that I'm going to complain, this arc is getting sexy as hell.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2010, 06:37:09 pm
It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Dangermoose on June 28, 2010, 06:48:49 pm
It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.

Whatever, that dude from Denny's was already *FLAMING!*
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2010, 07:17:30 pm
Experience says, a stuffed bear may start out as inflammable, but it doesn't last.

Oh yeah.  Ha ha.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Dangermoose on June 28, 2010, 08:11:56 pm
Sorry the little Homer Simpson homunculus in my head made me do it.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: milhouse on June 28, 2010, 08:58:43 pm
It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.

Looks like a molotov cocktail to me. They provide their own flammable.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: pmcd9 on June 28, 2010, 09:29:14 pm
Looks like a molotov cocktail to me. They provide their own flammable.

Oh yeah, I guess it is.  I thought it was a propane torch.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 29, 2010, 12:28:38 am
i just want to know whats going to happen.  i can hardly contain myself.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: smick on June 29, 2010, 12:33:12 am
I use skin.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: AugustWest on June 29, 2010, 03:06:19 am
I use skin.

So do I.  I use it to keep all my guts in proper proximity to each other.
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 29, 2010, 03:34:31 am
I use skin.

ill bet you do....
Title: Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
Post by: Dangermoose on June 29, 2010, 04:55:46 am
{Self-editing so many dirty puns right now.}