Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10  (Read 3951 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:29:43 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06282010

Maybe it's too early in the morning, but I'm confused.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 12:51:41 pm »

Yeah.  Me too.

Is Nice Pete imagining it?  Does the shadow represent the part of his personality what does the killin'?  And what about that troublesome rear-view mirror?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 01:59:34 pm »

I'm calling homicidal magic realism.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:39:29 pm »

You know, I was thinkin with the mirror problem that what we had here might be an unreliable narrator.  I stand corrected.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 04:20:29 pm »

I suspect Onstad doesn't quite know how to conclude this.  I could be wrong, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 04:31:47 pm »

The aged homosexual cat rouses from stupor, but is careful to only peek, to suss his survival options.

This aged homosexual cat has the wisdom of years.  You would do well to watch his next actions.   One does not simply become a wise aged homosexual cat from only experiencing mutual tuggings behind a Denny's.   The aged homosexual cat has other EDUCATION.

The murderous homosexual cat's mind is wandering as he drives.   The author appreciates his secret smile.

Finally:  The bleeding sexually awkward teddy bear continues to bleed, and be sexually awkward universally.   
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 06:04:34 pm »

I am quite surprised that Onstad has stopped writing jokes and is writing erotica now.

Not that I'm going to complain, this arc is getting sexy as hell.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »

It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »

It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.

Whatever, that dude from Denny's was already *FLAMING!*
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 07:17:30 pm »

Experience says, a stuffed bear may start out as inflammable, but it doesn't last.

Oh yeah.  Ha ha.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:11:56 pm »

Sorry the little Homer Simpson homunculus in my head made me do it.
Logged

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 08:58:43 pm »

It appears as though Nice Pete's shadow has set the rear compartment of the van on fire.  I don't think there's anything flammable back there though.

Looks like a molotov cocktail to me. They provide their own flammable.
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 09:29:14 pm »

Looks like a molotov cocktail to me. They provide their own flammable.

Oh yeah, I guess it is.  I thought it was a propane torch.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:38 am »

i just want to know whats going to happen.  i can hardly contain myself.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: One of the least sought after literary devices 6-28-10
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 12:33:12 am »

I use skin.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up