The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: robot_god on August 20, 2010, 08:12:40 am

Title: Buggin out bugs
Post by: robot_god on August 20, 2010, 08:12:40 am
My laptop screen is pretty broken.  So I do all of my computing on TV's with an HDMI cable hooked up to the laptop.  It was never a problem with laptops and monitors, but the white browser windows on an HDTV attract bugs like crazy, better than fluorescent bulbs.  Anyway, instead of getting up and swatting bugs into my TV's, I just scroll up and down really fast and crazy until the bug flies away.

Most of the time they fly away.  Junkie bugs think they're gonna morph into the face of god or something by sitting on my browser window, then BAHG, angry angry screen, must scare the shit out of em.

Like when bugs that don't bite fly really close to you - it feels like they're challenging you, ya know?  I don't let that shit stand, always tryin to slap em out of the air, but it ain't easy.  Now I've slapped my share of bugs, hard, but I honestly I've always kind of felt like I was losing the battle.

Well, not until now.  Now I know I'm the superior species.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 20, 2010, 01:03:14 pm
Brother, come on. Screens cost very little money now. Also bug zappers.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: jay-ell on August 20, 2010, 03:23:35 pm
The other day I went to swipe a mosquito out of mid-air, as I am wont to do, but I forgot I had an Ernie puppet on my right hand at the time.

Ernie caught the mosquito in his mouth, it was so gross. Forget catching flies with chopsticks, I can catch mosquitoes with muppets.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 20, 2010, 03:42:00 pm
The other day I went to swipe a mosquito out of mid-air, as I am wont to do, but I forgot I had an Ernie puppet on my right hand at the time.

Ernie caught the mosquito in his mouth, it was so gross. Forget catching flies with chopsticks, I can catch mosquitoes with muppets.

did your younglings get a kick out of it?
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: jay-ell on August 20, 2010, 03:57:57 pm
Girl was oblivious, boy was annoyed that I had to stop puppeting long enough to clean Ernie's mouth-felt.

Child amusement fail.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 20, 2010, 06:30:40 pm
i currently would find the idea of ernie eating a bug to be quite humorous.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: jay-ell on August 20, 2010, 07:20:15 pm
I think I missed a golden opportunity to make Ernie gag and spit and possibly vomit. That probably would have had them in stitches.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: jaydub on August 20, 2010, 08:45:26 pm
I think I missed a golden opportunity to make Ernie gag and spit and possibly vomit. That probably would have had them in stitches.
The mental image certainly amused me.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: robot_god on August 21, 2010, 01:13:10 am
Brother, come on. Screens cost very little money now. Also bug zappers.

You would keep a bug zapper indoors?

I know I should get my laptop fixed, but it's a macbook pro and would probably cost like $700.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: fanta on August 21, 2010, 05:14:27 am
bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 21, 2010, 03:46:23 pm
bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.
Thats the smartest thing you ever said.
Title: Re: Buggin out bugs
Post by: arkabee on August 21, 2010, 07:00:24 pm
bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.

most of us don't hang their bug zapper above the picnic table.