Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buggin out bugs  (Read 3376 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Buggin out bugs
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:40 am »

My laptop screen is pretty broken.  So I do all of my computing on TV's with an HDMI cable hooked up to the laptop.  It was never a problem with laptops and monitors, but the white browser windows on an HDTV attract bugs like crazy, better than fluorescent bulbs.  Anyway, instead of getting up and swatting bugs into my TV's, I just scroll up and down really fast and crazy until the bug flies away.

Most of the time they fly away.  Junkie bugs think they're gonna morph into the face of god or something by sitting on my browser window, then BAHG, angry angry screen, must scare the shit out of em.

Like when bugs that don't bite fly really close to you - it feels like they're challenging you, ya know?  I don't let that shit stand, always tryin to slap em out of the air, but it ain't easy.  Now I've slapped my share of bugs, hard, but I honestly I've always kind of felt like I was losing the battle.

Well, not until now.  Now I know I'm the superior species.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:03:14 pm »

Brother, come on. Screens cost very little money now. Also bug zappers.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:23:35 pm »

The other day I went to swipe a mosquito out of mid-air, as I am wont to do, but I forgot I had an Ernie puppet on my right hand at the time.

Ernie caught the mosquito in his mouth, it was so gross. Forget catching flies with chopsticks, I can catch mosquitoes with muppets.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

The other day I went to swipe a mosquito out of mid-air, as I am wont to do, but I forgot I had an Ernie puppet on my right hand at the time.

Ernie caught the mosquito in his mouth, it was so gross. Forget catching flies with chopsticks, I can catch mosquitoes with muppets.

did your younglings get a kick out of it?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:57 pm »

Girl was oblivious, boy was annoyed that I had to stop puppeting long enough to clean Ernie's mouth-felt.

Child amusement fail.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:30:40 pm »

i currently would find the idea of ernie eating a bug to be quite humorous.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 07:20:15 pm »

I think I missed a golden opportunity to make Ernie gag and spit and possibly vomit. That probably would have had them in stitches.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 08:45:26 pm »

I think I missed a golden opportunity to make Ernie gag and spit and possibly vomit. That probably would have had them in stitches.
The mental image certainly amused me.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 01:13:10 am »

Brother, come on. Screens cost very little money now. Also bug zappers.

You would keep a bug zapper indoors?

I know I should get my laptop fixed, but it's a macbook pro and would probably cost like $700.
Logged
ACHIEVE

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:14:27 am »

bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.
Thats the smartest thing you ever said.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Buggin out bugs
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 07:00:24 pm »

bug zappers are only effective indoors, where there is a limited supply of bugs.  Outdoors, all they do is attract an endless supply of bugs to the area.

most of us don't hang their bug zapper above the picnic table.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: [1]   Go Up