The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2010, 03:38:19 pm

Title: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Nabubrush on November 25, 2010, 03:38:19 pm
I just thought I would throw together a little note to the board. I'm heading back to work today, so I get an early dinner with my lovely wife and a buddy, and then I end up in Anchorage this evening for another with my brother and his family. Not so bad for a day going back to work. My best wishes to you and yours.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 25, 2010, 04:03:59 pm
Sounds like a solid day all around to me, food, friends, family, and then back to a job that pays well. Thats something to be thankful for I suppose.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 25, 2010, 04:28:33 pm
enjoy your family and friends, dudes and ladies.  may all your tryptophan(and maybe alcohol)-induced comas be peaceful.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: AugustWest on November 25, 2010, 04:56:00 pm
I am thankful for my imaginary internet friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.  Now back to cooking.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Choop on November 25, 2010, 05:22:50 pm
the missus tried her hand at pie, and god bless her, but baking ain't her strength. little did i know, i seem to have an aptitude for it. my first pumpkin pie ever is about to come out of the oven. also, i'm roasting the turkey this year, also for the first time.

i'm thankful for the family i've chosen, and how much everyone in my life has taught me about friendship.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: wombat on November 25, 2010, 05:23:48 pm
What Aug said. Also I am thankful that this week I convinced two of those imaginary internet people to stop talking on the phone when they drive.

Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 25, 2010, 05:24:35 pm
What Aug said. Also I am thankful that this week I convinced two of those imaginary internet people to stop talking on the phone when they drive.


And you wasted all that time that you should have spent telling people not to murder other people...
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2010, 05:27:41 pm
Canadian Thanksgiving feels like it happend ages ago!  I made a rad rack of lamb one day, and a killer honey ham the other day.  Yum.

Have a great holiday folks.  

I have some relatives who have driven south for Black Friday... not my style, but I'm pretty sure some of my gifts will be aquired tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be no claw marks on the boxes.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: greenkoolayd on November 25, 2010, 05:28:53 pm
guess whos coming to dinner? (http://thedailywh.at/post/1671133669/human-interest-story-of-the-day-long-story-short)

also:

And you wasted all that time that you should have spent telling people not to murder other people...

is murder a big problem on this board?
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Choop on November 25, 2010, 05:31:32 pm
I have some relatives who have driven south for Black Friday... not my style, but I'm pretty sure some of my gifts will be aquired tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be no claw marks on the boxes.

now i can't get this idea out of my head: Black Friday, White Wizard - wherein a stand-in for Gandalf must brave the post-turkeyday crowds at a bix box outlet in order to retrieve the One Ring, in order to destroy it. Doorbusting orcs! Hobbit cashiers! Ladies' sweaters $8.99!
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: wombat on November 25, 2010, 07:19:13 pm
is murder a big problem on this board?

No! Don't you remember I was just saying this in another thread. This board would be a stupid place to come to do a murder. But apparently MANY of these people talk on the phone while driving. So I think I was concentrating my efforts appropriately.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Doc on November 25, 2010, 10:03:14 pm
Happy thanksgiving my imaginary american friends.

I was lucky enough to get invited to a friend's canadian thanksgiving this year which was super delicious. We're reciprocating my putting on an aussie christmas barbecue for her.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: theinevitable on November 25, 2010, 10:28:40 pm
man, my family has a SERIOUS not-drinking problem.

they make me feel like I have The Disease by comparison.

it is really awesome to be home. Slept 2 hours last night due to nerves about flying, which always happens. Always convinced I am somehow going to miss my flight.

Food is a really great thing. I am so glad that food exists and I get to eat it with my family.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: jaydub on November 26, 2010, 08:15:51 pm
Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all.  TOUAMB is always a bright spot in my days, and I'm glad you all choose to keep posting here.  I'm at my in-laws' (who contrary to stereotype are great to me), and had dinner with my extended family at my Mom's place in the beautiful California Gold Country.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 26, 2010, 08:44:28 pm
(http://coachella.com/images/calgold.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: Lister on November 27, 2010, 06:25:52 am
Huell Howser is my hero.

Okay, actually James Adomian's impression of Huell Howser is my hero.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2010, 07:14:22 am
He is the last survivor of Sinceretron, a planet where there was no irony at all.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2010, 03:26:07 pm
Huell Howser is my hero.

Okay, actually James Adomian's impression of Huell Howser is my hero.

So that's a real guy and not just a Simpsons character? Wow.
Title: Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
Post by: AugustWest on November 27, 2010, 09:33:42 pm
I met him when I was about 10 years old.  He was on TV in Nashville then -- same station that Pat Sajack and Oprah worked at, I think