Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody  (Read 3132 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »

I just thought I would throw together a little note to the board. I'm heading back to work today, so I get an early dinner with my lovely wife and a buddy, and then I end up in Anchorage this evening for another with my brother and his family. Not so bad for a day going back to work. My best wishes to you and yours.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »

Sounds like a solid day all around to me, food, friends, family, and then back to a job that pays well. Thats something to be thankful for I suppose.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »

enjoy your family and friends, dudes and ladies.  may all your tryptophan(and maybe alcohol)-induced comas be peaceful.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 04:56:00 pm »

I am thankful for my imaginary internet friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.  Now back to cooking.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »

the missus tried her hand at pie, and god bless her, but baking ain't her strength. little did i know, i seem to have an aptitude for it. my first pumpkin pie ever is about to come out of the oven. also, i'm roasting the turkey this year, also for the first time.

i'm thankful for the family i've chosen, and how much everyone in my life has taught me about friendship.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:23:48 pm »

What Aug said. Also I am thankful that this week I convinced two of those imaginary internet people to stop talking on the phone when they drive.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »

What Aug said. Also I am thankful that this week I convinced two of those imaginary internet people to stop talking on the phone when they drive.


And you wasted all that time that you should have spent telling people not to murder other people...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 05:27:41 pm »

Canadian Thanksgiving feels like it happend ages ago!  I made a rad rack of lamb one day, and a killer honey ham the other day.  Yum.

Have a great holiday folks.  

I have some relatives who have driven south for Black Friday... not my style, but I'm pretty sure some of my gifts will be aquired tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be no claw marks on the boxes.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:28:53 pm »

guess whos coming to dinner?

also:

And you wasted all that time that you should have spent telling people not to murder other people...

is murder a big problem on this board?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »

I have some relatives who have driven south for Black Friday... not my style, but I'm pretty sure some of my gifts will be aquired tomorrow.  Hopefully there will be no claw marks on the boxes.

now i can't get this idea out of my head: Black Friday, White Wizard - wherein a stand-in for Gandalf must brave the post-turkeyday crowds at a bix box outlet in order to retrieve the One Ring, in order to destroy it. Doorbusting orcs! Hobbit cashiers! Ladies' sweaters $8.99!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 07:19:13 pm »

is murder a big problem on this board?

No! Don't you remember I was just saying this in another thread. This board would be a stupid place to come to do a murder. But apparently MANY of these people talk on the phone while driving. So I think I was concentrating my efforts appropriately.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 10:03:14 pm »

Happy thanksgiving my imaginary american friends.

I was lucky enough to get invited to a friend's canadian thanksgiving this year which was super delicious. We're reciprocating my putting on an aussie christmas barbecue for her.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »

man, my family has a SERIOUS not-drinking problem.

they make me feel like I have The Disease by comparison.

it is really awesome to be home. Slept 2 hours last night due to nerves about flying, which always happens. Always convinced I am somehow going to miss my flight.

Food is a really great thing. I am so glad that food exists and I get to eat it with my family.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 08:15:51 pm »

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all.  TOUAMB is always a bright spot in my days, and I'm glad you all choose to keep posting here.  I'm at my in-laws' (who contrary to stereotype are great to me), and had dinner with my extended family at my Mom's place in the beautiful California Gold Country.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, e'rbody
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 08:44:28 pm »

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up