The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Nabubrush on December 04, 2010, 04:47:56 pm

Title: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 04, 2010, 04:47:56 pm
I know some of you already hit MetaFilter, but for those who don't and are interested, here's a FPP retrospective of the "best" of this year's music (http://www.metafilter.com/98166/The-reason-for-the-season), with 8 big zips of MP3s (originally from Fluxblog).
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: pmcd9 on December 04, 2010, 06:57:53 pm
I'll pay a tiny can of Dr Pepper for that information.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: miles on December 05, 2010, 02:47:44 pm
Yeah, thanks. I haven't listened to Sleigh Bells at all, but I didn't expect them to sound like this. I was kind of blown away by the Funkadelic sample, because it's basically my favorite song and you don't hear it much (Can You Get to That (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXxs4vE4-oA)--I guess it was a single because I have the 45, but I don't remember ever hearing it on Classic Rock radio or anything). I don't know if I love the Sleigh Bells song, but it's pretty cool.

Edit: Rill Rill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRnmQ-4Yp0), the sampling song, if you're curious.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 05, 2010, 03:49:02 pm
Having heard of Yelawolf but never heard him, I was pretty impressed by Billy Crystal.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: theinevitable on December 07, 2010, 07:58:31 pm
I am listening to them now.

Sometimes I want to say "I love Indie Music" and then I hear some of this stuff and think I need a more specific word.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 07, 2010, 09:10:31 pm
Adore? Am enraptured or enthralled by? Fancy?
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: jaydub on December 07, 2010, 09:14:36 pm
Non-mainstream acoustic ensemble?
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Choop on December 07, 2010, 10:02:23 pm
Myself? This body? One? Yours Truly?
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: pmcd9 on December 07, 2010, 11:07:38 pm
I lot of the stuff on that list is not indie music.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: theinevitable on December 07, 2010, 11:21:38 pm
oh, I meant, a more specific concept than "indie music" because a lot of the "indie music" on here is stuff that I do not like at all. See: Dirty Projectors. yeesh.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 08, 2010, 12:24:22 am
oh, I meant, a more specific concept than "indie music" because a lot of the "indie music" on here is stuff that I do not like at all. See: Dirty Projectors. yeesh.

I bring you almost 160 free songs, and all you do is bitch. That's the last time I do anything for you.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: theinevitable on December 08, 2010, 12:26:33 am
I did not mean to say that I didn't like any of it. I am still working my way through, slowly. There is plenty of stuff that I already liked, and even more stuff that I have wanted to hear and haven't yet.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 08, 2010, 12:29:26 am
Yeah, I'm just bustin' your balls.

Seriously, though, get your fuck*ng shinebox.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: pmcd9 on December 08, 2010, 01:21:16 am
Another can for bringing this to our attention.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Doc on December 08, 2010, 03:24:26 am
Yeah, I'm just bustin' your balls.

Seriously, though, get your fuck*ng shinebox.

Of all the movie characters I could compare Inev too I wouldn't have picked that one.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 08, 2010, 03:25:21 am
Thank you, Paul.

If I get your name in the gift exchange, will you consider this your gift.

Also, Doc, I kind of think of him as Spider, but I couldn't pass up the reference.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: Nabubrush on December 08, 2010, 03:49:28 am
That Cee-Lo cut is fantastic. My new favorite song.

However, My Chemical Romance . . . that has all been done before. There is nothing new being said there.
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: pmcd9 on December 08, 2010, 11:33:14 pm
If I get your name in the gift exchange, will you consider this your gift.

Yeah man. 
Title: Re: This year's model
Post by: pmcd9 on January 04, 2011, 04:03:50 pm
Really loving this.  There's something for everybody and most of it is really good.