Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: This year's model  (Read 2689 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
This year's model
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:47:56 pm »

I know some of you already hit MetaFilter, but for those who don't and are interested, here's a FPP retrospective of the "best" of this year's music, with 8 big zips of MP3s (originally from Fluxblog).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »

I'll pay a tiny can of Dr Pepper for that information.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: This year's model
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:47:44 pm »

Yeah, thanks. I haven't listened to Sleigh Bells at all, but I didn't expect them to sound like this. I was kind of blown away by the Funkadelic sample, because it's basically my favorite song and you don't hear it much (Can You Get to That--I guess it was a single because I have the 45, but I don't remember ever hearing it on Classic Rock radio or anything). I don't know if I love the Sleigh Bells song, but it's pretty cool.

Edit: Rill Rill, the sampling song, if you're curious.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:53:39 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: This year's model
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 03:49:02 pm »

Having heard of Yelawolf but never heard him, I was pretty impressed by Billy Crystal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: This year's model
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:58:31 pm »

I am listening to them now.

Sometimes I want to say "I love Indie Music" and then I hear some of this stuff and think I need a more specific word.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: This year's model
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:10:31 pm »

Adore? Am enraptured or enthralled by? Fancy?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »

Non-mainstream acoustic ensemble?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 10:02:23 pm »

Myself? This body? One? Yours Truly?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »

I lot of the stuff on that list is not indie music.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: This year's model
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 11:21:38 pm »

oh, I meant, a more specific concept than "indie music" because a lot of the "indie music" on here is stuff that I do not like at all. See: Dirty Projectors. yeesh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: This year's model
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 12:24:22 am »

oh, I meant, a more specific concept than "indie music" because a lot of the "indie music" on here is stuff that I do not like at all. See: Dirty Projectors. yeesh.

I bring you almost 160 free songs, and all you do is bitch. That's the last time I do anything for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: This year's model
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 12:26:33 am »

I did not mean to say that I didn't like any of it. I am still working my way through, slowly. There is plenty of stuff that I already liked, and even more stuff that I have wanted to hear and haven't yet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: This year's model
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 12:29:26 am »

Yeah, I'm just bustin' your balls.

Seriously, though, get your fuck*ng shinebox.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:21:16 am »

Another can for bringing this to our attention.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: This year's model
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 03:24:26 am »

Yeah, I'm just bustin' your balls.

Seriously, though, get your fuck*ng shinebox.

Of all the movie characters I could compare Inev too I wouldn't have picked that one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up