The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: MrCB on December 10, 2010, 10:44:38 am

Title: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: MrCB on December 10, 2010, 10:44:38 am
Another new strip. The man is on a roll. Of sorts.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12102010 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12102010)
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: wombat on December 10, 2010, 12:51:18 pm
Oh man, I know I shouldn't be complaining about a new strip but I do not need to be so depressed so early in the morning.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: MrCB on December 10, 2010, 01:28:36 pm
Ooops, my bad for not putting the date in the subject. Thanks for editing it wombat.

Roast Beef is a sad cat. I can only imagine that Onstad is a sad man to write this. There's not so much of The Funny, but just the owch.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: arkabee on December 10, 2010, 11:04:07 pm
i love roast beef.

but is this strip telling us that roast beef is not roast beef because he is himself, but because aliens are finger pointing depression on him?

do not want.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: Doc on December 11, 2010, 01:25:10 am
Huh, the second time gynecomastia has come up this week.

Think he redrew the floor/light frames? The eyes look different at least.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: side_show on December 11, 2010, 01:34:34 am
When he is a guest speaker, he has moobs.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: jaydub on December 11, 2010, 06:05:10 am
Hell of chubby, yo.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: wombat on December 11, 2010, 12:56:52 pm
Hell of hardly anything to say about a strip for a bunch of people who complain so much when there isn't one.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: side_show on December 11, 2010, 03:45:19 pm
Yeah, what is there to say though?  This strip conjures two things for me:  it seems disjointed.  It's not a bad strip, it just feels disconnected for me, probably because the last story line still feels unresolved.  The other thing I think when I read this one is that its seem to transparently relate to Onstad's own fears, which leaves me feeling bad for the guy.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: xSxFx on December 11, 2010, 06:44:39 pm
This is hard to relate to for me, which it really shouldn't be given who I am. The good Beef/depression strips didn't feel the need to have wacky non-sequiturs every other panel. Shouldn't a comic about depression be depressing.

It feels like Onstad is trying to write depressed cat comix but dodging the big bullets.

And I know it's probably Bad to wax psychoanalytic on a web comic author but v0v I have no mental association to go with "Connecticut-style", this is all this is giving me
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: greenkoolayd on December 12, 2010, 06:04:24 am
connecticut-style involves traditional ideas such as community togetherness and wholesome family-oriented junk like that.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: Toaster on December 12, 2010, 08:17:19 am
Those people are from the future, arkabee.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: arkabee on December 13, 2010, 03:45:13 am
Those people are from the future, arkabee.

i... i don't understand at _all_.

Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: theinevitable on December 13, 2010, 05:06:59 am
The people saying "roast who?" are future talking cats. Roast Beef is forgotten and they do not care about his former existence.
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: Dullscythe on December 13, 2010, 08:56:42 am
also it is not depression they are pointing with their fingers, they are wearing game controllers or maybe they do jobs with those
Title: Re: I was once just like you - Dec 10 2010
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 13, 2010, 09:55:12 am
How many internet people does it take to understand a webcomic? Around this house: 1. Around Arkabee: 4