The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on February 06, 2011, 01:13:50 am

Title: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: wombat on February 06, 2011, 01:13:50 am
He's probably too busy doing capitalism to check in, but I think we should have cake without him anyway.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 06, 2011, 01:16:30 am
have fun getting your hands dirty, dogg.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2011, 01:32:14 am
May all your stocks rise on this special day.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: miles on February 06, 2011, 02:02:25 am
But the market's closed, FUCK! Happy birthday anyway, dude.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2011, 02:20:02 am
I talked to him on chat yesterday, and told him happy birthday in advance. He is still alive, but he is busy living life instead of posting on the internet, so more power to him.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2011, 02:24:36 am
I tossed the dude a facebook happy birthday, thinking my odds better of it reaching him on a timely basis there as opposed to here.

I structured that sentence oddly but I'm too sick to think of a better approach to phrasing at this time.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: AugustWest on February 06, 2011, 02:36:58 am
Happy Birthday, Gordon Gekko.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: Doc on February 06, 2011, 12:16:07 pm
May your day be full of nachos equivalent to the value of your toil.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: side_show on February 06, 2011, 02:33:39 pm
Happy Birthday, Gordon Gekko.

You know, I haven't seen that movie or it's sequel, but every time I'd see the commercial for the sequel I would think of A-cap when that Shia LaBeouf kid came on, so now I sort of a kin the two together for some reason. 

Happy Birthday A-cap.  May it be a good year.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: jaydub on February 06, 2011, 04:58:41 pm
May these birthday wishes reach your private island lair.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 16, 2011, 01:15:23 am
Yeah I've been busy making things happen, but thanks for the birthday wishes. Side-show, I've watched that movie a dozen times by now. Its pretty realistic for what it is, and if you realize that it is actually a dramatic recreation of the Lehman Bros collapse, and how it advances the Goldman Sachs conspiracy theory, it is all the more enjoyable.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: pmcd9 on February 16, 2011, 01:52:27 am
What movie are we talking about?
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 16, 2011, 02:17:14 am
What movie are we talking about?

"Gordon Gekko is the main antagonist of the 1987 film Wall Street and the antihero of the 2010 film Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, both by director Oliver Stone."
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: lprkn on February 17, 2011, 11:31:05 pm
I enjoyed it without ever seeing the first one. I felt that it was a cartoon of a real profession, which is most movies, really. It was an enjoyable cartoon.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on February 17, 2011, 11:33:06 pm
Gekko was the most cartoony. Shia or whoever played a realistic enough prop trader.
Title: Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
Post by: Nabubrush on February 20, 2011, 12:10:14 am
Rock on.