Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday  (Read 2708 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« on: February 06, 2011, 01:13:50 am »

He's probably too busy doing capitalism to check in, but I think we should have cake without him anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:16:30 am »

have fun getting your hands dirty, dogg.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:32:14 am »

May all your stocks rise on this special day.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:02:25 am »

But the market's closed, FUCK! Happy birthday anyway, dude.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:20:02 am »

I talked to him on chat yesterday, and told him happy birthday in advance. He is still alive, but he is busy living life instead of posting on the internet, so more power to him.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:24:36 am »

I tossed the dude a facebook happy birthday, thinking my odds better of it reaching him on a timely basis there as opposed to here.

I structured that sentence oddly but I'm too sick to think of a better approach to phrasing at this time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:36:58 am »

Happy Birthday, Gordon Gekko.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »

May your day be full of nachos equivalent to the value of your toil.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »

Happy Birthday, Gordon Gekko.

You know, I haven't seen that movie or it's sequel, but every time I'd see the commercial for the sequel I would think of A-cap when that Shia LaBeouf kid came on, so now I sort of a kin the two together for some reason. 

Happy Birthday A-cap.  May it be a good year.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:41 pm »

May these birthday wishes reach your private island lair.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:23 am »

Yeah I've been busy making things happen, but thanks for the birthday wishes. Side-show, I've watched that movie a dozen times by now. Its pretty realistic for what it is, and if you realize that it is actually a dramatic recreation of the Lehman Bros collapse, and how it advances the Goldman Sachs conspiracy theory, it is all the more enjoyable.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:27 am »

What movie are we talking about?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 02:17:14 am »

What movie are we talking about?

"Gordon Gekko is the main antagonist of the 1987 film Wall Street and the antihero of the 2010 film Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, both by director Oliver Stone."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 11:31:05 pm »

I enjoyed it without ever seeing the first one. I felt that it was a cartoon of a real profession, which is most movies, really. It was an enjoyable cartoon.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, we almost missed A-Cap's birthday
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 11:33:06 pm »

Gekko was the most cartoony. Shia or whoever played a realistic enough prop trader.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up