The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on March 25, 2011, 06:01:48 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10032001
This one makes me chuckle.
-
Unlike the first two, this one doesn't really work as Achewood any more. It's as if it's just random characters saying the lines, not Cornelius, Teodor, Philippe, and a really odd-looking Lyle.
-
I went to the google search because I was like "He misspelled Schwartz as Shwarz!"
And then I found out it was actually "Schwarz" and we were both wrong.
And also since this strip came out, FAO Schwarz folded as a chain and is just the one Manhattan landmark location operating as a rump brand under the Toys R Us umbrella.
Which is depressing.
-
a really odd-looking Lyle.
It's like a stylized version of Lyle. The logo version, maybe.
He was really hammered that day.
-
Yeah, this one . . . he's trying to find his way, maybe?
-
i've always liked this one. that's the first time lyle appears, but it's kind of surprising how much he's changed relative to the other three. the thought of a toy store catalog being the alive-stuffed-animal version of roommates sharing a playboy subscription is just squicky enough to really fit with achewood.
-
I actually had no idea what FAO Schwarz was when I originally read this strip and thought it was probably like the Williams-Sonoma (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/) catalogue, which at the time, I used to enjoy purusing in the bathroom.
Since I just checked into it, I realize that the FAO Schwarz catalogue would probably have more interest for alive stuffed animals than a kitchen wear catalogue, although with some of their personalities, it would certainly be a toss up.
Side note: if I were to order a Muppet Whatnot from FAO Schwarz (http://www.fao.com/whatnots/index.jsp) my husband would lose his shit. He has the entire series of Fraggle Rock on DVD and watches it regularly (when doing the dishes for some reason).
-
watches it regularly (when doing the dishes for some reason.
What is it with men about not being able to do a normal household chore without some kind of outside entertainment? Pedro watches/listens to The Daily Show while he watches the dishes. Colbert, too, if it's a heavy pots-and-pans night.
-
when else would we watch our just-for-us stories
-
I can't do that stuff without listening to NPR. I need something to block out the voices in my head.
-
What is it with men about not being able to do a normal household chore without some kind of outside entertainment? Pedro watches/listens to The Daily Show while he watches the dishes. Colbert, too, if it's a heavy pots-and-pans night.
Because it's boring as fuck? I don't know. All I do is listen to music, but then again if I had the TV on everything would get broken. We only have TVs in our living room (inside a cabinet) and up in the workout room.
I will say that I haven't had a TV in the bedroom for about fifteen years and I'm very happy about that change.
-
It's odd - watching the Fraggles causes serious problems related to the dish washing. He often gets drawn in to the program, and ends up sitting down with the dish towel over his shoulder. Washing the dishes can take him hours when the task should really only take around 30 minutes max. He really draws it out and procrastinates, yet he hates doint them and avoids doing them until I have to basically lay down the law.
-
I always wish I could have TDS and Colbert on while I cook and clean up but they have too much stuff that requires you actually seeing it. I'll sometimes wash dishes during the interviews since they're typically totally uninteresting to me but typically I just go the music route. In fact typically the only times I listen to music at home are while cooking or cleaning. I find listening to music any other time too boring.
-
Because it's boring as fuck? I don't know. All I do is listen to music, but then again if I had the TV on everything would get broken. We only have TVs in our living room (inside a cabinet) and up in the workout room.
I will say that I haven't had a TV in the bedroom for about fifteen years and I'm very happy about that change.
Oh, we only have TVs in our living room and the playroom, but we have a computer in the kitchen. When he's doing a chore that doesn't involve being near the computer, he can either stream Netflix on his iPhone or listen to an audio book.
It's odd - watching the Fraggles causes serious problems related to the dish washing. He often gets drawn in to the program, and ends up sitting down with the dish towel over his shoulder. Washing the dishes can take him hours when the task should really only take around 30 minutes max.
This. It takes me, literally, 10 minutes to unload the dishwasher, and five more to load. He doesn't wipe down the countertops or clean the sink or any of the normal things associated with "cleaning the kitchen" -- this is strictly washing dishes. I try to have the dishwasher emptied in the morning so that breakfast and lunch dishes can go right in, but of course that doesn't always happen. Even so, this is not more than a fifteen minute job. And yet, he sometimes watches two or three episodes of TDS or Colbert while working on it...because he's watching first and cleaning second.
-
FAO Schwarz used to have an enormous, three-story store inside the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace in Vegas, noted for the enormous wooden Trojan hoss out front. It was hell of fun to romp around in, even without kids, especially when you were drunk as shit from getting free drinks while playing blackjack all day. A nice break from the casinos. Alas, it is no more. Not sure if they've put something else in that space.
-
Is Philippe openly admitting that he is a premature ejaculator or does he not understand the question?
-
he's five.
-
You just got...
CANNED
-
You just got...
CANNED
Sometimes the nesting doesn't work - I don't know why. I was quoting you to ask if we just got prick-rolled.
-
What is it with men about not being able to do a normal household chore without some kind of outside entertainment? Pedro watches/listens to The Daily Show while he watches the dishes. Colbert, too, if it's a heavy pots-and-pans night.
All I do is drink beer and ruminate on all the clever things I should have said to people all day.
-
Sometimes the nesting doesn't work - I don't know why. I was quoting you to ask if we just got prick-rolled.
That's weird.