The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Asherdan on May 28, 2011, 07:09:06 pm
-
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
-
I think that's going to be pretty rad.
I enjoy the new Belgium guys. They roll through town once a year and do a big bike think in Portland and give away a bunch of beer.
I guess what I mean to say is: My loyalties are pretty easily bought. I've been digging on their Ranger IPA, which is the classy selection at the 7-11 by the house.
-
I have bought it with my own real money on more than one occasion. It gets my vote.
-
When I win the lottery, I'm gonna get you all together and we're gonna microbrew a TOUAMB beer and it's gonna be called Black Pug Stout.
I ain't the foodie you all are so you guys can put your input in on it and design the label and all that.
But it's gonna be an overproof stout called Black Pug.
I know this much.
-
Fat Tire is one of several Pale Ales that I used to really like. Then I noticed that they have this one particular flavor that I don't have a name for, and now I don't like them as much at all. I am more of an IPA or Stout guy. I think, maybe, my favorite beer is this (http://aleheads.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/left-hand-milk-stout.jpg) or this (http://beer-taster.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/schlafly_extra_stout_irish_style.d41uuztssb48g0cgskkscsk80.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg).
But my most-drank beer is far and away this one. (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laiogzUgzR1qax2so.jpg)
It is really fantastic to live in a city where there is a fairly big, high-quality microbrew that is available everywhere. Any bar I have ever been to in this city has one of the Schlafly beers on tap.
-
Phyllis?
-
I don't drink a lot of beer, but I hear Fat Tire is pretty popular . . . with the Proles. Actually, it's ridiculous how snobby people in Portland are about beer, and then the other half of the population is all PBR.
-
I like it. Does your local Whole Foods or other hoity toity grocery have the option of "build your own six pack?" Get six different beers? That's a good way to try new beers, you're not overly committed if you don't like one.
-
There's already a very dark beer named for a pug. Are you sure we shouldn't go for a fawn variety?
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-beers/year-round-beers/ugly-pug.html (http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-beers/year-round-beers/ugly-pug.html)
-
May have mentioned this here, but every time we have Hobo Stew on the chow hall, I always say that it is made with chunks of real hobo.
-
...made with chunks of real hobo.
as long as he got a fair wage for it, im cool with that.
-
You should try the Crackhead Bisque.