Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Poll

...will I like it?

Yes, it is a delight to the tasy buds!
- 3 (27.3%)
No, it is skunk water and will make your SO pregnant behind your back!
- 0 (0%)
Sure, with your shitty tastes but my favourite is better!
- 5 (45.5%)
Beer? MEH
- 1 (9.1%)
What the fuck, ASH? What...THE...FUCK?
- 2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 07, 2011, 07:09:06 pm


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat Tire ale...  (Read 2700 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Fat Tire ale...
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:44:02 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:44 pm »

I think that's going to be pretty rad.

I enjoy the new Belgium guys.  They roll through town once a year and do a big bike think in Portland and give away a bunch of beer.   

I guess what I mean to say is: My loyalties are pretty easily bought.   I've been digging on their Ranger IPA, which is the classy selection at the 7-11 by the house.   
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »

I have bought it with my own real money on more than one occasion. It gets my vote.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:57:15 pm »

When I win the lottery, I'm gonna get you all together and we're gonna microbrew a TOUAMB beer and it's gonna be called Black Pug Stout.

I ain't the foodie you all are so you guys can put your input in on it and design the label and all that.

But it's gonna be an overproof stout called Black Pug.

I know this much.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 02:43:48 am »

Fat Tire is one of several Pale Ales that I used to really like. Then I noticed that they have this one particular flavor that I don't have a name for, and now I don't like them as much at all. I am more of an IPA or Stout guy. I think, maybe, my favorite beer is this or this.

But my most-drank beer is far and away this one.

It is really fantastic to live in a city where there is a fairly big, high-quality microbrew that is available everywhere. Any bar I have ever been to in this city has one of the Schlafly beers on tap.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 04:51:23 am »

Phyllis?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 04:52:32 am »

I don't drink a lot of beer, but I hear Fat Tire is pretty popular . . . with the Proles. Actually, it's ridiculous how snobby people in Portland are about beer, and then the other half of the population is all PBR.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 12:00:43 am »

I like it.  Does your local Whole Foods or other hoity toity grocery have the option of "build your own six pack?"  Get six different beers?  That's a good way to try new beers, you're not overly committed if you don't like one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

There's already a very dark beer named for a pug. Are you sure we shouldn't go for a fawn variety?
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-beers/year-round-beers/ugly-pug.html
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 03:11:57 pm »

May have mentioned this here, but every time we have Hobo Stew on the chow hall, I always say that it is made with chunks of real hobo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

...made with chunks of real hobo.

as long as he got a fair wage for it, im cool with that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Fat Tire ale...
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 04:34:36 pm »

You should try the Crackhead Bisque.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up