The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: wombat on January 19, 2012, 06:54:11 pm

Title: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2012, 06:54:11 pm
Well fine then.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: AugustWest on January 19, 2012, 07:47:42 pm
Whoopsie!

Happy Birthday.  You don't look a day over 26 and three-quarters either.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: side_show on January 19, 2012, 08:21:48 pm
Happy Birthday Wombat.  I am working a 13+ hour day today and came here expressly to wish you a happy birthday.  Hope you have a good one.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 19, 2012, 08:27:06 pm
We were just waiting for the cake to get here.

(http://www.wombania.com/wombie_images/wombat-day-cake-2009.jpg)
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 19, 2012, 08:27:32 pm
Also, this.

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JKkbcwaRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Nabubrush on January 19, 2012, 08:51:15 pm
Happy birthday from north of the arctic circle, where it is presently roughly cold as a motherfucker.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2012, 08:55:40 pm
Happy Birthday.  You don't look a day over 26 and three-quarters either.

Man, isn't that the great thing about the internet?

I want that cake!
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2012, 10:32:08 pm
Wombat is the awesomest!   Happy happy birthday.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: theinevitable on January 19, 2012, 10:36:42 pm
happy birthday. As a present, apparently everyone decided to post in every topic.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Nabubrush on January 19, 2012, 11:49:52 pm
We love you, Wombles!
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2012, 12:02:35 am
happy birthday. As a present, apparently everyone decided to post in every topic.

Yes!
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Doc on January 20, 2012, 02:04:25 am
Sorry, I was at the party held every year for national wombat day. It's for the animals, not for you but isn't it a nice coincidence? Have a great day, presumably burrowing a hole.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2012, 02:22:41 am
OK, at first I thought Doc was making that up although that it was a genius thing to say. Because everyone knows that Wombat Day is in October. But then I found this link.
http://www.australiaday.org.au/events/south-australia/wombat-australia-day.aspx (http://www.australiaday.org.au/events/south-australia/wombat-australia-day.aspx)
I guess you gotta love a country that has more than one wombat day.

Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: jaydub on January 20, 2012, 02:49:48 am
I don't know if you should chalk it up to genius, or the type of regionalism that lead to the fascinating Australian Time Zones
(http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/timesum.jpg)
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: miles on January 20, 2012, 03:01:28 am
What to wombats eat on their birthdays? Happy birthday!
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2012, 03:59:38 am
I'm not the type to use the word redonkulous, but that map of Australian time zones is redonkulous.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 20, 2012, 04:42:45 am
i dont even know your birth date....... i guess im still a noob  :(

my undying love and affection will have to suffice.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: robot_god on January 20, 2012, 09:35:39 am
S'perthday.

Have you spoken any Japanese recently?
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2012, 12:46:31 pm
We do a lot of counting in Japanese at the taiko drumming class I am taking. Only up to ten, though.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Nabubrush on January 20, 2012, 05:32:54 pm
We do a lot of counting in Japanese at the taiko drumming class I am taking. Only up to ten, though.

Heh, just like Judo class!
Ichi Ni San Shi Go Roku Shichi Hachi Ku Ju
(phonetically, anyway - from memory!)
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: jay-ell on January 26, 2012, 02:23:32 pm
Sorry, sorry. Facebook has given me birthday-greeting overload. And I didn't even wish you happy birthday there, so I am double lame.

Happy International Awesome Lady Day. You are an awesome lady.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 26, 2012, 03:14:06 pm
Aw thanks. I have not being feeling very awesome lately, so that is nice. And also I am totally lame about Facebook birthday greetings, if I can't think of something clever to say I don't post. Which I know is basically crummy.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 26, 2012, 03:43:37 pm
It's not just you. I've basically given up on the Facebook birthday greeting ritual. It's not that I don't want my friends to have a happy birthday, but I just feel like adding one more to the string of "Happy birthday Biff!" posts doesn't do much. I'm cynical like that.

Also, this: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2011/08/my_fake_facebook_birthdays.html
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 26, 2012, 04:31:04 pm
When a person get hundreds of birthday greetings on Facebook it makes the person feel good.  Don't be a Grinch about Facebook birthday greetings.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: side_show on January 26, 2012, 05:13:05 pm
Yeah, I sort of want to say "fuck you" to the slate guy.  I like people wishing me well, regardless, and plenty of people only have real friends on their FB.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Nabubrush on January 27, 2012, 01:40:39 am
At work the Barrow radio station does a thing called "The Birthday Program". The announcer comes on, says "welcome to the Birthday Program" and starts answering the phone. Somebody will call up and wish Alice a happy birthday, and then pass the phone to the next person, and they'll do the same. As many as ten people might get on the phone before they hang up. He answers the next call, and the exact same thing happens. I think it's actually pretty cool.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2012, 06:36:47 am
At work the Barrow radio station does a thing called "The Birthday Program". The announcer comes on, says "welcome to the Birthday Program" and starts answering the phone. Somebody will call up and wish Alice a happy birthday, and then pass the phone to the next person, and they'll do the same. As many as ten people might get on the phone before they hang up. He answers the next call, and the exact same thing happens. I think it's actually pretty cool.

We have a thing like that here where people call in and speak to their friends and family listening in prison.
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: side_show on January 27, 2012, 04:16:40 pm
We have that too.  It's really quite cute.  There's also a celebration section of the local paper where people wish others a happy birthday or anniversary or whatever.  It's so old fashined that it's kind of adorable. 
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: wombat on January 27, 2012, 05:37:20 pm
So living in Barrow is just like being in prison?
Title: Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
Post by: Nabubrush on January 28, 2012, 12:39:01 am
So living in Barrow is just like being in prison?

I don't think you'd get too many arguments against that position.