Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?  (Read 7462 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 03:59:38 am »

I'm not the type to use the word redonkulous, but that map of Australian time zones is redonkulous.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 04:42:45 am »

i dont even know your birth date....... i guess im still a noob  :(

my undying love and affection will have to suffice.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:39 am »

S'perthday.

Have you spoken any Japanese recently?
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46:31 pm »

We do a lot of counting in Japanese at the taiko drumming class I am taking. Only up to ten, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 05:32:54 pm »

We do a lot of counting in Japanese at the taiko drumming class I am taking. Only up to ten, though.

Heh, just like Judo class!
Ichi Ni San Shi Go Roku Shichi Hachi Ku Ju
(phonetically, anyway - from memory!)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 02:23:32 pm »

Sorry, sorry. Facebook has given me birthday-greeting overload. And I didn't even wish you happy birthday there, so I am double lame.

Happy International Awesome Lady Day. You are an awesome lady.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 03:14:06 pm »

Aw thanks. I have not being feeling very awesome lately, so that is nice. And also I am totally lame about Facebook birthday greetings, if I can't think of something clever to say I don't post. Which I know is basically crummy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 03:43:37 pm »

It's not just you. I've basically given up on the Facebook birthday greeting ritual. It's not that I don't want my friends to have a happy birthday, but I just feel like adding one more to the string of "Happy birthday Biff!" posts doesn't do much. I'm cynical like that.

Also, this: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2011/08/my_fake_facebook_birthdays.html
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »

When a person get hundreds of birthday greetings on Facebook it makes the person feel good.  Don't be a Grinch about Facebook birthday greetings.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 05:13:05 pm »

Yeah, I sort of want to say "fuck you" to the slate guy.  I like people wishing me well, regardless, and plenty of people only have real friends on their FB.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

At work the Barrow radio station does a thing called "The Birthday Program". The announcer comes on, says "welcome to the Birthday Program" and starts answering the phone. Somebody will call up and wish Alice a happy birthday, and then pass the phone to the next person, and they'll do the same. As many as ten people might get on the phone before they hang up. He answers the next call, and the exact same thing happens. I think it's actually pretty cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 06:36:47 am »

At work the Barrow radio station does a thing called "The Birthday Program". The announcer comes on, says "welcome to the Birthday Program" and starts answering the phone. Somebody will call up and wish Alice a happy birthday, and then pass the phone to the next person, and they'll do the same. As many as ten people might get on the phone before they hang up. He answers the next call, and the exact same thing happens. I think it's actually pretty cool.

We have a thing like that here where people call in and speak to their friends and family listening in prison.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 04:16:40 pm »

We have that too.  It's really quite cute.  There's also a celebration section of the local paper where people wish others a happy birthday or anniversary or whatever.  It's so old fashined that it's kind of adorable. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »

So living in Barrow is just like being in prison?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What, so Wombat needs to start her own birthday thread?
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 12:39:01 am »

So living in Barrow is just like being in prison?

I don't think you'd get too many arguments against that position.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up