The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2012, 04:50:21 pm

Title: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2012, 04:50:21 pm
Ok, I got your attention.

Did everyone see the Funny or Die video about women's reproductive health (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/251fa6410b/women-s-health-experts-speak-out?playlist=featured_videos)? I didn't put it in the YT thread, because it isn't a YT page. Apologies if I missed it somewhere.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 07, 2012, 04:57:11 pm
i saw that before and LOL'd.  lady-plumbing is some crazy shit.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: jay-ell on March 07, 2012, 05:25:13 pm
I saw that before, yeah. It was...meh. Maybe it would be funnier if it weren't so close to true.

Can we talk about Rush now? Because that asswipe douchebag has my panties in the biggest twist since the Tea Bagging buttmunch school board decided to do away with my local school integration policy. That filthy fucker has gone so far beyond the pale this time that I am really hoping he loses everything he has and then some over this. Here's hoping the rest of society shames him publicly the way he tried to shame Ms. Fluke. Fortunately, he's too much of an idiot to know how much he hurt the Republican argument by mere association.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 07, 2012, 05:29:28 pm
it really sucks that people take him seriously.  hes not an expert on anything, he just talks shit for a living.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: theinevitable on March 07, 2012, 05:34:40 pm
I am really at a loss about why calling this lady a mean name is worse than all the other stuff he has said/done.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 07, 2012, 05:48:35 pm
I am not sure what exactly pissed people off about this one so much more than everything else wretched he's said over the past however many years it's been.

My hope, though (as a flaming liberal) is that the recent Komen Foundation/Planned Parenthood dust-up has awakened people on the left to the power of mobilization. Why let the Tea Party have all the fun? The right's willingness and ability to get people fired up and making noise about something has given the far right more power in this country than it should have (i.e. I believe there aren't as many ultra-conservatives out there as the media makes it out to be; they just yell louder). So maybe we'll see more of this coming from the left now.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: theinevitable on March 07, 2012, 06:30:37 pm
great, now I can hate everyone in the world, including the people I mostly agree with.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: greenkoolayd on March 07, 2012, 07:59:20 pm
right wing, get lost.  left wing, get lost.  the breasts are in the middle.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2012, 08:03:47 pm
I knew this was going to go over pretty well.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: jay-ell on March 07, 2012, 08:06:00 pm
I am really at a loss about why calling this lady a mean name is worse than all the other stuff he has said/done.

Did you read his "apology?" Before that, I was like, assholes stink, not breaking news here. But that "I'm sorry but not really" thing reall got to me for some reason. Like, he is no longer a guy who doesn't know he's a douchebag. He's such a fuckhead that even when people who normally agree with him say, "woah, too far" he won't own up to it.

That's my issue of the week anyway.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2012, 08:07:58 pm
I covered the part I was going to say on the other part of the internet. If dude was just preaching his usual hate, cool. He's just such a fuck*ng hypocrite about it, though.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2012, 09:25:44 pm
Yeah, that was a pretty terrible apology.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 07, 2012, 10:17:37 pm
Fauxpology.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: jaydub on March 07, 2012, 11:01:26 pm
When you break off and start attacking the subject of your apology again, it is not an apology.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: jay-ell on March 08, 2012, 12:37:00 am
My favorite was when he said "I chose my words poorly." Yes, you did. Repeatedly. Over a period of three days. That's kind of like saying, "I didn't mean to stab him...seventeen times."
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 08, 2012, 02:56:35 pm
"I'm sorry the liberals made me call you a slut."
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 08, 2012, 05:03:14 pm
"I chose my words poorly" could pretty much show up on that fuckface's tombstone, he does it so often.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2012, 05:07:25 pm
"I chose my words poorly" could pretty much show up on that fuckface's tombstone, he does it so often.

Actually, he gets paid extremely well for his words.  Although, he is really in trouble now.  Something about this particular incident has woken up the one constituency that truly matters, the one that signs his checks.  His advertisers are dropping him like a bloviating hot potato.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 08, 2012, 05:15:55 pm
Actually, he gets paid extremely well for his words.  Although, he is really in trouble now.  Something about this particular incident has woken up the one constituency that truly matters, the one that signs his checks.  His advertisers are dropping him like a bloviating hot potato.

Fuck, I know he gets paid multiple millions of dollars to say stupid fucked up shit. That doesn't make his words well-chosen. It just makes his audience brain-dead spoon-fed zombies.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2012, 05:18:51 pm
I know what you meant.  I was just using your comment as a springboard for my own comment.  I'm sorry, I chose my words poorly.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Nabubrush on March 08, 2012, 05:19:34 pm
I know what you meant.  I was just using your comment as a springboard for my own comment.  I'm sorry, I chose my words poorly.


Paul was right! The liberals are just using him as a whipping boy!
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2012, 05:33:13 pm
Paul was right! The liberals are just using him as a whipping boy!

If you can't get your contraception from your insurance provider we will revert to the old system of paying a skinhead to kick your girlfriend in the stomach (http://youtu.be/eDndsvjyIG4).
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: AugustWest on March 08, 2012, 06:48:56 pm
Rush Limbaugh?  Fuck that guy.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 08, 2012, 08:46:15 pm
Rush Limbaugh?  Fuck that guy.

This, verbatim, was very nearly my first post in this topic.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: AugustWest on March 09, 2012, 07:44:53 pm
Defendrush.org (http://defendrush.org/)
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: CortJstr on March 09, 2012, 08:47:08 pm
Defendrush.org (http://defendrush.org/)

I saw that on FB. I'm guessing all of you did, also because of who "liked" it.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: jaydub on March 09, 2012, 09:00:20 pm
My liberal family members are yelling at me at the moment.  Click the link, guys!  Don't disown me!
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: pmcd9 on March 10, 2012, 12:58:35 am
I just shared that.  Beautiful.
Title: Re: Rush Limbaugh
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2012, 03:48:00 am
OK, yeah. I totally misunderstood. It's right up there with howdoeshomeopathywork.com