The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 07, 2013, 11:27:17 pm

Title: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: pmcd9 on January 07, 2013, 11:27:17 pm
7-11 is coming back to Houston (http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2013/01/thank_heaven_7-eleven_returnin.php). I'd say your reign as king as top Slurpee town is in serious danger.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2013, 03:58:55 am
We've had the title since the turn of the century.  Taking us down wont be easy.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: pmcd9 on January 08, 2013, 06:24:22 am
We've had the title since the turn of the century.  Taking us down wont be easy.

Yeah and it's only two stores and they are way out in the suburbs, but it's just the beginning. Give us time though, we've got something on our side that is to our advantage. It's hotter than all fuck here for better than half the year.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2013, 01:46:57 pm
Yeah, well we get hot here in summer, but here's the kicker: in winter we don't give a fuck.  Also, with no research and going just on conjecture, I believe we have far higher diabetes rates.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: pmcd9 on January 08, 2013, 02:13:00 pm
Yeah, well we get hot here in summer, but here's the kicker: in winter we don't give a fuck.  Also, with no research and going just on conjecture, I believe we have far higher diabetes rates.

You do know that Houston is the fattest city in America?
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: wombat on January 08, 2013, 03:57:21 pm
We need to do TOUAMBIES this year so I can nominate this for Best Thread.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: side_show on January 08, 2013, 08:33:50 pm
Fattest?  What about most murdering-est?  We are the most murdering-est city in Canada, most slurpee drinking place in anywhere.  Resulting in shit blogs like http://slurpeesandmurder.blogspot.ca/ (http://slurpeesandmurder.blogspot.ca/).  I think we win shittyest claims to fame by a long shot. 
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: AugustWest on January 08, 2013, 09:03:52 pm
We are the most murdering-est city in Canada,

Pfffft.  That's kind of like being the toughest kid on the chess team.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: jaydub on January 08, 2013, 10:13:18 pm
I think we win shittyest claims to fame by a long shot.  
Calgary - home of Transcanada!
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/Trans_Canada_Tower1.JPG/139px-Trans_Canada_Tower1.JPG)
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 08, 2013, 10:32:32 pm
Binghamton is actually like a two-hour drive away from here but, yeah, it is probably pretty telling of the region in general.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: pmcd9 on January 09, 2013, 12:43:57 am
Binghamton is actually like a two-hour drive away from here but, yeah, it is probably pretty telling of the region in general.

McAllen is not exactly a daytrip from "my neighborhood" either. It's about a 7 hour drive.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: theinevitable on January 09, 2013, 02:25:38 am
Quote from: murders per 100k
New Orleans, Louisiana   57.6
Detroit, Michigan   48.2
St. Louis, Missouri   35.3

Not a lot of 7-11s, though.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: AugustWest on January 09, 2013, 05:12:09 am
Binghamton is actually like a two-hour drive away from here but, yeah, it is probably pretty telling of the region in general.

Yeah, Ashland's like 3 hours away.  But we do have a lot of obesity around here.  And meth.  So it's like one extreme or the other.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: linnea on January 09, 2013, 06:14:26 am
FUCK do I miss Slurpees. Every time I go back to America I try to get one. They are so rad.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 09, 2013, 06:03:49 pm
the thing about a slurpee is that its halfway between kool aid and a freeze pop.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: linnea on January 12, 2013, 03:31:04 am
I would ask you guys to mail me one, if that sort of thing would work.
Title: Re: Watch Out Winnipeg
Post by: pmcd9 on January 12, 2013, 07:10:47 pm
Not the kind of Slurpees I like it won't, so sorry.

Hey-o!